Some skills are needed to make a soldering, but this process is not particularly complex. That is why many are interested in how to properly solder the chip. The effect of temperature on various metal constructions for their fastening is the most effective technology. Fastening metal workpieces using a local increase in temperature and surfacing a lower temperature is soldering. Such a process is most similar to the surface joining of structures that melt.
The soldering station allows you to set the temperature with an accuracy of 1 ° C.
How to choose a soldering iron?
A soldering iron is a soldering device that can radiate heat. Such designs can have a power of 15 to 30 watts. With their help, you can solder the workpiece of various boards and chips. Tools that are more powerful are used solely to solder the XLR connector or to re-solder a thick wire connection.
Soldering iron design.
For electrical engineering, which works with office equipment, acoustic soldering iron will be a useful device. This device has a low heat capacity, small size and excellent performance. The device can be used to perform thin soldering (for example, the assembly of various schemes). Commercially available soldering irons of large sizes can also be found, which in most cases are used to attach cables for calibration. With the help of these products can also perform stained glass work.
Soldering iron must necessarily have a plug for grounding with three guides. Such a device allows to prevent the dissipation of voltage along the current path in the structure. Heat will be generated due to the circuit current in the tip, which is made of steel wire. For a beginner in electrical engineering, a device with a range of 15–30 W is suitable, but one should take into account the fact that a device with a power of 15 W may not be enough to fix even ordinary audio lines. If you plan to work in the car, it is recommended to purchase a structure with a power of 40 W, which is able to cover large areas and provide a quick connection. For cars, in most cases, additional attachments are purchased that make it easier to solder.Back to table of contents
Use soldering station
Before starting work, remember the correct location of the chip: the key (circled in red) must be located near the beveled corner of the square.
In order to provide autonomy, you will need to use the station for soldering. Such a design is a device in which the automaton is connected to an alternating current source. This device can emit power up to 80 watts. It may take some experience to work with the structure, but experts believe that it is much easier to solder with such a device.
The main advantages of soldering equipment are the following:
- It is possible to control the temperature with an accuracy of 1 ° C.
- Such a device is able to solder even complex blanks, which are made of aluminum, stainless steel, ordinary steel and other materials.
- The design allows you to solder the cable to several RCA.
- The design can be used for a long period of time.
- In this way, you can easily solder pipes made of polypropylene and complex circuits.
To remove the chip, you need a flux and a hairdryer with a temperature of 360 degrees.
However, this system has some drawbacks, among which the following are significant:
- High price.
- Difficulty in the work. In this case, you must have experience.
- Large power consumption.
The acquisition of a soldering station should be considered even if it is planned to solder the devices from a mobile phone.Back to table of contents
How to choose the right solder?
Before soldering any workpiece will need to choose the right solder. For work with electric devices only several solders can be used.
The main types of lead-free solders.
To solder the contacts of the computer board or speakers, you should use rosin. This substance is used for soldering thin joints, copper wires, small contacts, etc. If rosin is used in electronics, then the acids will be able to eliminate the contacts on the board and damage the main elements of the chip.
For most electrical boards, solder with a diameter of 0.5-1 mm is used. Thick parts can be used to connect large parts. Solder the scheme of small sizes such a detail can not because of its large size.
During the soldering process, the solder will heat up and emit various compounds. Such gases harm human health.
Therefore, you need to work in a ventilated area.
You should beware of the effects of hot solder, it is important to use means for protection: masks, gloves and respirators.Back to table of contents
How to solder a soldering iron: a sequence of actions
Appointment sponge during soldering chips.
Items that will be needed:
- soldering iron;
- soap solution;
- thick cardboard or paper;
- insulating tape;
It is very difficult for a beginner to learn how to solder with a soldering iron, but you can get fundamental knowledge. The sequence of actions in this case will be as follows:
- First of all, the sting is done. Always clean the sting of the tool used. Tinning is the process of coating a thin layer of a working element of a soldering iron. This process can help in heat transfer between the material being processed and solder.
- After that the warming up is made. At this stage, you should warm up the tool, and then check the uniformity of heating the solder. If this is not done, the tool may become covered with corrosion.
- Next is the preparation of the workplace. The sponge is wetted in water and placed next to the soldering iron. If the solder will spread, you should put a thick cardboard or paper.
- It is lubricated. Solder should be carefully grease the sting. Next, the coverage is checked. If there is a surplus of solder, then it will have to be removed with cardboard.
- The upper part is covered with solder, the safety of the base is checked. The tip of the tool used is wiped with a rag to remove any flux residue. Next, you need to prepare a sponge with a special solution. All actions should be carried out quickly until the solder has dried.
How is chip soldering done?
The most popular type of work with a soldering iron is the soldering of microcircuits. For a start it is worth practicing on some budget scheme, you should not immediately purchase expensive items.
Cleaning the base of the microcircuit from excessive solder is carried out with the help of a copper braid and a soldering iron.
The sequence of actions in this case will be as follows:
- First of all, the base is prepared. It is important to thoroughly clean the base so that it is possible to create a reliable connection and minimal resistance. For degreasing the microcircuit it is recommended to use an ordinary napkin with a soap solution. In the end you need to thoroughly wipe the metals. If the scheme contains solid deposits, you must purchase a special mixture, which is sold in an electrical engineering store. The site will need to be cleaned to a shine of the base of copper. Plain acetone is suitable for cleaning all contacts. Another suitable solvent is methyl hydrate, which is safe for human health.
- After cleaning the surface, you will need to properly place the contacts, tools and wires on the chip. The first step is to solder the flat parts of small sizes (resistors, varistors), and then begin working with large elements. Thus it will be possible to keep sensitive elements in working condition. The effect of temperature will not affect the conductivity of parts. The wires are bent at an angle of 45 °. Billets with small wires can be pre-connected with electrical tape.
- A small amount of solder should be applied to the tip of the tool. In this way it will be possible to improve the conductivity of the metal. The end of the iron should be placed so that it rests on the elements of the scheme. To connect the product you need to hold for 2-3 seconds.
- At the end of the soldering iron is applied solder. It should be soldered until an elevation is formed.
- At the end, the tool is turned off and the excess mixture is removed.
Soldering is not so easy, because it is important to follow the sequence of actions.