The welding process requires not only the use of high-quality equipment, but also strictly following all stages to ensure the safety of work. To start cooking with a welding inverter, you need to perform a number of preparatory work, select electrodes. After that, it is worth preparing protective equipment, to prepare the working space. Welding itself in compliance with all rules and regulations - this process is not too complicated.
Scheme of the device welding inverter.
However, there is no need to risk once again without a certain experience, it is recommended to first work in the presence of a specialist.
How to choose electrodes?
When cooking with an inverter, you should choose the electrodes for work. The quality of the work and the strength of the weld depend on how well the choice is made. When working with low and medium carbon steels, separate types of low alloy steels, carbon electrodes must be taken. When you plan to work with alloyed steels, then the electrodes must be chosen alloyed.
Diagram of the device electrode.
If surfacing on parts, welding with special types of metal is required, then high-alloyed electrodes are used.
If welding is required in small volumes, critical loads are not planned, then it is best to take the electrodes of the ANO, MP-3. If intensive, complex works are planned, then it is better to choose OUNI. It is required to select a brand; today, manufacturers offer a huge selection of electrodes, so close attention should be paid to the manufacturer’s recommendations.Back to table of contents
How to cook with an inverter?
Before starting work you need to prepare:
- welding inverter itself for work;
- special welding mask that protects the eyes and face;
- protective clothing, gloves;
- steel brush, dross hammer;
- electrodes of the selected type.
The scheme of welding thin metal using inverter welding.
It is necessary to prepare and workplace. Electric welding inverter should be powered from a separate protected network, there should not be flammable, combustible materials around. If the welding inverter and other equipment is ready, you can ignite the arc. The electrode is brought to the part to be welded at an angle. Next, you need to touch the surface a couple of times, this allows you to activate the electrode to organize the welding process. Keep the electrode close to the part. Typically, this distance is about the diameter of the electrode itself.
Lead tip must be carefully, you need to control the progress.
After the seam is formed, dross remains, it must be removed. To do this, gently tap the edge with a hammer or any other hard object with a large weight. During the work it is necessary to follow the arc gap. This is a special gap that, as work progresses, forms between the metal of the part and the electrode. The size of this gap should be the same throughout the seam, not changing.Back to table of contents
Failure to comply with the conditions will lead to deformation of the seam:
Diagram of the elements of the inverter welding machine.
- Too small a gap causes the formation of a convex seam, which is not fused on the sides, as it is necessary, that is, the metal is not heated to the required length.
- Too large a gap results in a jump in the welding arc. The weld metal under these conditions fits crookedly, the weld is sloppy. Such welding is usually characteristic of beginners, who still do not know how to properly control, paying attention not to the position of the electrode and its height, but to the seam itself.
- Weld seam with the required height of the electrode above the surface allows you to create an excellent penetration. The metal fuses correctly, the seam turns out neat and smooth.
It is the control over the arc that allows you to learn how to use the welding inverter correctly. The quality of the welded bath and its characteristics depend on the accuracy of compliance with all actions. If you violate the conditions of work, then there may be certain defects:
- If the electrode is moved too quickly, the weld will be defective, since the weld pool line will lie deeper than the metal surface. In this case, the molten metal will be pushed out, forming a wave. The seam will be large and sloppy. To eliminate such an error, it is necessary to ensure that the seam was formed at the level of the metal part, and was not too high and did not lean back.
- For the seam to be smooth, the movements should not only be straight. This is one of the most common mistakes that beginners make. Movement must be zigzag and circular, greatly expand the radius can not. When the zigzag movement of the electrode is performed, it is necessary to control the seam from the edge, and then in the center, on the other side.
In order to prevent the formation of a lateral undercut, that is, a lateral groove, it is necessary to make the bath a little thinner. To do this, it is necessary to constantly adjust the arc, while tilting while moving, the bath should move forward and not gradually reach behind the electrode.
Inverter welding is not so difficult, if you follow the process, exactly follow all the requirements and rules of work. When the electrode moves, it is necessary to follow the seam, the arc, otherwise the expected result will not be.