At production and at home during installation or repair, the use of hand-held clamping tools belonging to the category of pliers is widespread. Pliers are notable for their particularly frequent use, although each lever product is designed to perform a specific set of actions. Passatizhi also widely demanded, without them, many experts can not do. The differences that exist between the hinge instruments do not exclude their mutual replacement when performing similar work.
Pliers and pliers differ from each other in the shape of the working surface.
When do pliers work?
Pliers are indispensable during the plumbing and electrical work, they are one of the varieties of ticks. The product has 2 handles and 2 flat sponges with notches, its parts are connected with the help of a swivel. Pliers can be used to perform many useful actions:
- Due to the flat surface, they easily hold parts of various shapes, the size of which depends on the size of the tool.
- Using pliers, you can bend wire, cable conductors, metal.
- They are used for tightening and loosening the nuts.
The shape of the working surface of the pliers is similar to tweezers, but has the possibility of greater compression.
Pliers of different types differ not only in size, but also in the shape of the working surface, which determines the area of their use:
- If the jaws are angled, pliers are used to work in hard-to-reach areas, for example, to repair electronic devices.
- Products with narrow and long jaws are used to work in conditions of limited access.
- "Platypus" like tweezers, but have the possibility of greater compression.
- The tool can have a variety of nozzles designed to operate with delicate or fragile parts and materials.
- For work under current, pliers with insulated handles are used, they should indicate the maximum value of the insulation withstand voltage.
When do they use pliers?
Passatizh are the complex tool which parts are connected by means of the hinge.
Their sponges have a combined surface; it has both a flat part with grooves and special recesses to hold the parts. The product can be used in the following situations:
- It can be used to securely hold and clamp any (including smooth) parts.
- It is used to loosen bolts and nuts.
Device pliers: 1 - sponge with adjustable hinge; 2 - hinge; 3 - hole for the hinge in the movable sponge; 4 - handle.
There are various modifications of pliers, significantly expanding their capabilities:
- If the model for the hinge mechanism has special grooves, it is possible to control the compression force of the jaws, as well as the distance between their faces, which allows you to capture details of a wide range of sizes.
- Passatizh often supply side cutters for cutting cable cores and additional edges on the jaws for cutting wire.
- The working area of the tool can be expanded if additional notches are made on the handles behind the hinge to grip the parts.
- If the product is intended for electrical work (up to 1000 V), an appropriate marking must be present on the insulator of its handles.
On the ends of the handles can be located a screwdriver or an awl. There is a folding tool option.Back to table of contents
What is the difference between products?
Although the pliers and pliers are clamping hand tools, there are significant differences between them:
- How pliers are different from pliers? The latter are used more widely, they are multifunctional, while the working functions of pliers are reduced to the capture of a snack.
- The next difference that exists between the tools is that the pliers can work (due to the presence of notches) with details of any shape and a considerable range of sizes.
- The fixed width of the surface of the sponges is different for pliers, while their fellow sponges are of different widths and shapes.
- The hinge of the pliers is not fixed, it can significantly change the solution of sponges.
The differences between the tools, suggest the earlier occurrence of pliers. This is more simple both in appearance and in work tasks tool. Its functions can in many respects be transferred to a fellow man. But for electrical work in a limited space, pliers (due to the different shape of the sponges) have no competitors.
Both tools are necessary for work and should be available in the home workshop. It is necessary to acquire high-quality, anti-corrosion protection products. Of particular importance is the lack of play on the hinge, which ensures its continuous and smooth movement. It is easy to work with tools of high-quality assembly, all operations are carried out reliably, and the product will serve for a long time.