Currently, fastener parts are quite diverse. These can be bolts, nuts with six edges, various screws, Torx stars. Hexagon elements of various parts that are hard to turn away without a suitable tool are considered separately. Many do not know how to unscrew the hexagon without a key.
The hexagon is a mounting tool.
For the first time, a patent for an internal hexagon was obtained back in 1936 abroad.
Currently, a hex key for loosening any details is common and can be picked up on any car market.
But for the sake of one time use it is not worth buying.
How to unscrew the hexagon bolt?
This problem often confronts motorists who decide to repair the car on their own. The car hex is located in the drain plug located in the gearbox, and sometimes in the traffic jam of the pan of the engine case.
Drawing of an Allen Bolt.
In everyday life, people encounter hexagons when repairing water mixers or a ball valve, since ordinary fasteners in these places cannot be placed because of their size.
The size of the hexagon in these cases is quite impressive, so the hexagonal head of a bolt inserted into the hexagonal slot, unscrewed with the gas wrench, will help. 3-4 screws, which are well wedged, are screwed onto its threads, which are then unscrewed with a cap wrench.
To work with hexagon created a special device. With it, when unscrewing, the nut close to the head turns. But the twisting is carried out with the help of the far nut. If the hexagon has a non-standard size, the bolt head is eaten by a file.
Ways to unscrew the hexagon bolt.
If an attempt to loosen the hexagonal screw with various improvised means led to the breakdown of the faces, then a solution can be found.
A TORX asterisk is driven into a small hexagon, with which the screw is unscrewed. If the head is accessible, the screw is easily unscrewed with pliers, using a gas wrench or a manual vice.
Sometimes it helps the hammer and non-sharp chisel, on which blows are applied on a tangent in the direction of the upcoming unscrewing.
For steel hexagons, a nut or a piece of any fittings is welded to their head, for which the bolt can be turned out.Back to table of contents
Tools and materials for unscrewing the hexagon
You can unscrew the hexagon without a key. Sometimes you have to unscrew the tools that are currently available.
Hexagon with torn edges can be unscrewed adjustable spanner with compression parts.
- Hex, which turned out to be torn edges, can be unscrewed with an adjustable gas key with compression parts.
- Often his head is cut by a grinder or removed with a chisel. Next, the central part is drilled with a small diameter, and the resulting thread is driven through using a tap.
- A small size hexagon is hit with a hammer or chisel in the direction of the upcoming unscrewing.
- With a small diameter of the processed bolt, propyl is applied to the head of the grinder with which a screwdriver can be used to loosen.
But the above methods are not the only help in unscrewing the hex.
There are many other methods of loosening with the help of an improvised and special tool.
Assistance will be provided by drills with left rotation and small diameter, a drill with a small rotation speed. The purchase of a special tool for unscrewing depends on the frequency of its use.
- The stud allows you to unscrew the bolt stud when the head is completely torn off. But its use is considered appropriate only in the case of a few turns, held to the disruption of the head.
- Electric wrench unscrews the shock, but is used to the breakdown of this spare part.
Often come across bolts with countersunk hex head. In this case, the Torx asterisk helps. It is plugged into the saddle of the licked head and the unscrewing operation is successful.Back to table of contents
Step-by-step instructions for unscrewing the hexagon
There are several options for step-by-step instructions for unscrewing the hexagon.
- On the bolt with a protruding hex head, the caps are cut with a grinder or a hacksaw. It can then be unscrewed with a conventional screwdriver. The cut must be done with the utmost care so that the screwdriver does not jump off it when working.
- A suitable Torx star is hammered into the place where the hex is inserted. When driving, it slots through the cap and inserts into it. The bolt is pulled out with a jerk. If the unscrewing is done slowly, the splines will break and the operation will have to be carried out first. Torx does not clog with a central hole, as it collapses when clogged.
- Loosening the hex can be carried out using a drill and a conventional drill, and various extractors that are purchased in the store. Using the core, strictly in the central part of the bolt being machined, a future drilling point is outlined, at which the hole is drilled. With a little effort with a hammer in the resulting hole is inserted extractor. Then the tool at hand he gets out. The extractor after this procedure can be reused.
- It can be twisted by a drill with left rotation and a construction drill with a reverse. The drill, thin on diameter, drills a hole in an element head. Then a smaller drill bit is taken compared to the diameter of the damaged bolt. The drill is inserted into the drill and installed on the inverse type of rotation. The speed of movement of the drill should be weak, and pressure should be strong. With a strong clamping of the element, the drill will screw into it and pull it out.
Hexagonal screw scheme.
A hex bolt or screw may be damaged at any time. Various tools at hand can help in its repair, but it may be necessary to use special tools, without which the unscrewing of the hex head of the damaged element is impossible.
Therefore, it is important to know all the current methods for repairing this element. Hexagon is found in various types of room water mixers, in car spare parts. At the moment, these bolts are considered quite convenient fasteners, so they are widely distributed and are found in many mechanisms.
Their application is advisable where a reliable power connection is required. This type of fastener is perfectly adapted to high loads and significant physical pressure. Especially often these bolts are used in industries such as construction and engineering.
If we turn to the process of creating a hexagon, it becomes clear that the process of their manufacture is a long and laborious enough. Such bolts are made of steel rod, which then softens after a long stay in a hot furnace. Then the rod is for some time placed in a solution of sulfuric acid to completely eliminate rust particles. After washing with water and phosphate treatment, the steel becomes resistant to rust, and then sent to form a hexagonal head element.
In the process of creating these products involved a lot of people who provide the Russian market with modern high-quality fasteners.