At any service station, many construction sites have a jack. Very handy if you need to lift heavy objects. In many cases, lifting concrete structures and blocks, the jack copes in the best way. The multi-functionality of the jack makes it indispensable.And if it breaks? Repair in the workshop does not always meet your requirements. Therefore, it is much easier to learn how to make repairs yourself. How to repair hydraulic jack?
The device of the hydraulic jack.
One has only to learn all the subtleties, as well as the internal structure and the principle of its work, and you can do it personally with peace of mind.
Some types of jacks
The jacks differ in the principle of operation and the device, although they have one function - to lift loads:
- rack and pinion;
The first type is the weakest jack. It has a very simple design in the form of a base, several screws and a toothed nut. The maximum load that can lift such a mechanism is no more than 15 tons. However, it is completely reliable and rarely breaks down, and even a teenager can repair it.
Jack rack unit is quite convenient. Based on the name, you can understand that the device is based on rake. Some craftsmen use it as a winch. Rack jack is of two subtypes. The first is a lever. The second is notched. In the first case, the rail moves the lever. But in the second case there is a handle that rotates the gear, acting as a lever. A characteristic feature of the rack jack is at the location of the lifting platform. It is very close to the installation surface. This helps raise low objects. The ability to lift him more than the screw, up to 22 tons. Repair is also not difficult.
The classification of jacks.
In the third type, pneumatic jacks, special design. Figuratively, this is a pillow of special, fortified matter, which is filled with compressed air or gas. Air is fed into the “pillow” with a pump or a gas or air cylinder. Of course, such a device has a fairly high cost, and besides, it is not particularly repaired by hand. This is a consequence of the fact that lifting a car weighing 15-20 tons requires increased sealing and material strength. Load capacity mainly depends on the complexity of the design. They can be both single-sector and with several sections.
But hydraulic jacks - the most comfortable. With all its compactness, they lift a lot of weight. Among all the jacks, their carrying capacity is the highest, 200 tons. The principle of operation is based on the pressure that a special fluid creates. Hydraulic jacks are of several subspecies:
- single rod;
The effectiveness of almost all types of increased. The use of such a load is quite wide.Back to table of contents
The principle of operation of the hydraulic jack
The entire hydraulic jack consists of a cylindrical vessel, a pump, a valve, a lever and a piston. The transfusion of hydraulic oil from the pump to the cylinder contributes to an increase in pressure in the latter and in the lifting of the load. For the reverse action, simply open the valve between the cylinder and the pump. The liquid will begin to flow from the cylinder into the pump tank, and the reference point on the piston will gradually lower, lowering the load, respectively.Back to table of contents
Possible failures and causes
Although the design is basically not complicated, however, like everything else in this world, the hydraulic jack has the ability to break, even the most expensive and high-quality. In this case, there are several ways out. The first and easiest is to buy a new one. But it’s quite possible that the valve can only be cleaned up manually. Why, then, waste it? Another option - to pass in the repair. But here, too, their pitfalls. Repairs may be quite insignificant, and they will be destroyed for them, as for the replacement of all parts. There remains only one option - to get acquainted with the device of the jack and disassemble it manually.
Breakage can be in different parts of the device. Eternal is nothing. Below are the most common failures encountered by almost all owners of hydraulic jacks, as well as ways to solve the problem of breakage.
The principle of operation of the hydraulic rolling jack.
- Unexpected stop. There are several reasons for this: a small amount of oil, problems with pipes and blockage of filters or a valve. In any case, you need to disassemble the jack and check the cause. Replace damaged parts, clean filters, change oil.
- The effort does not grow. Possible causes are lack of fluid, damaged spring in the valve, valve blockage. The necessary actions are replacing the spring, cleaning the valve, checking the oil.
- Slow valve operation. The probable causes are poorly drawn air from the fluid supply system, unconfigured valve, fluid leakage. Possible failure of one of the components of the jack, in this case, just need to replace it. Fluid leakage repaired seal. Another reason may be an improperly chosen oil. If it is too thick and viscous, the valve will operate for a long time.
- Irregular movement. Potential problems are air tolerance, piston spring tension, fluid complications, filter blockage, system parts failure. The solutions are the same as in the previous paragraphs.
- Heating individual parts or the entire jack system. Possible reasons are continuous operation of the tool, incorrectly selected oil or its deficiency, blockage of filters, harmonization of gaskets, spools and piston. Heating of the entire system is eliminated by changing the fluid, all gaskets and seals. We must not forget about the rest of the mechanism.
- Reduced pressure in the system. Most likely, the fault is the problem with the valve. It would be best to replace it.
These were the main common failures in the hydraulic jack.Back to table of contents
Care: practical recommendations
The law in force in many areas of human life is as follows: in order to avoid repair / treatment, it is necessary to carry out prevention and monitor the condition of the object. In this case there are no exceptions. Of course, prevention and proper care do not guarantee the eternal service of the jack, but you can extend it.
First, you need to know the conditions for high-quality storage of the lift. That is, the screw is inside, the needle is turned away, the pistons are lowered. It is necessary to constantly monitor the amount of working fluid, its quality.
To avoid serious damage, you should carefully observe the absence of contamination in the piston.
It should also be remembered that the presence of air in a working hydraulic jack has a very detrimental effect on the design. Up to rupture of pipes and cylinder. The use of brake fluids is very undesirable for the good condition of the hydraulic jack.
If you comply with all the above and properly handle the mechanism, it can serve more than one year. Also, it can not be overloaded. As with any technique, a jack can overheat and deteriorate. In case of overheating, you just need to unload it and give a couple of hours to rest. Otherwise you have to repair the jack. Good luck!