With the help of the spray gun, you can quickly and efficiently paint a very large area, without any special effort. How to paint the spray gun, you can learn by reading the simple rules and technology. Rules for using the spray gun are quite simple, everyone can master them.
Scheme of the device spray.
Using the spray gun can significantly reduce the time of work and increase its quality. When choosing an airbrush, you should consider how often you may need the device (for daily use or for annual renewal of repairs in the house), as well as the area to be painted.
Basic rules for painting walls and ceilings with an airbrush
Decoding marking spray guns.
- When carrying out painting works indoors it is necessary to take care of good ventilation and security measures. During painting, poisonous vapor is released from the paint into the air. Therefore, when carrying out work, be sure to wear a respirator, goggles and gloves. Do not turn on appliances that have open fire. All windows and doors must be open.
- Paint tank should be filled to one-third or half volume. Paint should be prepared in advance. If the consistency is too thick, the paint is diluted with a solvent, and then filtered through gauze or a sieve. If this is not done, the sprayer will become clogged and the walls will not be able to continue painting.
- All work is carried out at a positive temperature. High humidity indoors or outdoors is not allowed. Painting on the street should be done in calm weather.
- The surface to be painted must be pre-primed.
- Prior to the start of work, a test painting should be done on a sheet of drywall or on a flat wall. At occurrence of stains it is necessary to reduce an air stream. If the drips are too large, it means that the paint is diluted too much.
- The instrument sprayer should be kept at the same distance from the surface to be painted. The next layer is applied only after the previous layer is completely dry.
- Upon completion of work, the spray gun should be well washed and cleaned with a solvent. Otherwise, its use in the future will be impossible.
Tools and materials needed for the work
Scheme adjustment torch spray gun.
- Face shield or respirator.
- Protective clothing.
- Gloves, glasses.
- Masking adhesive tape.
- Paper and protective covers.
- Spray gun.
- Solvent and paint.
- Oilcloth and tape.
Wall paint technology using the spray gun
The scheme of the correct use of the spray gun.
- The first step is to find a suitable paint and solvent. Oil paint for spray guns is best suited, but you can also use latex and acrylic paints. If necessary, add paint solvent.
- Next, you should prepare the room for painting. Furniture and other furnishings make or cover protective covers. An oilcloth is put on the floor and secured with scotch tape. Windows and doors open to improve ventilation. Located near the surface, which are not subject to painting, protect from drops using newspapers and masking tape. The paint and solvent are placed in such a way that spilled drops will not spoil anything.
- Before starting work, wear protective clothing, a respirator, gloves and goggles. Thus, you will be protected from dangerous evaporation and excess pollution.
- The painted surface is carefully prepared - remove grease stains, rust, dust and dirt. Before starting work, the surface of the walls must be dry. Before applying oil paints, the walls are wiped with white spirit. Before using latex or acrylic paint, walls are cleaned with soap and water, and then rinsed.
- Before painting the walls are primed with a brush or roller. For priming the surface, you can use the spray gun. After that, the surface is sanded.
- Next, turn on the compressor. Each compressor has a special regulator that allows you to select the desired pressure. Before painting, you should carefully read the instructions for use of the electric gun.
- Further, a pneumatic clutch is connected to the device. Make sure that the connection is made correctly and securely. It is possible to provide tightness by means of a tape fum.
- A small amount of paint thinner is poured into the electric spray gun. It should be poured to complete coverage of the siphon tube. After that, slightly open the metering regulator.
- Before painting do the test. The jet from the sprayer should be sent to the bucket. Within seconds, the system is completely filled with fluid. If this does not happen, the device should be disassembled and checked for blockages. Perhaps the problem is that the siphon tube is not attached tightly. After that the paint tank is emptied.
- Then stir the required amount of paint. The contents of the paint cans are thoroughly stirred and cast the required amount into a separate container. If the paint has stagnated, then it is filtered through a filter to remove lumps. Frozen paint can cause the siphon tube to clog and stop flow.
- Paint should be diluted with a suitable solvent. The ratio of paint and solvent depends on the type of spray gun and the type of paint. To get a uniform flow, the paint is usually diluted by 15-18%. The spray tank is filled to 2/3. Care must be taken to ensure that the reservoir does not fall during painting. The reliability of the connections is checked again.
- The sprayer should be kept at a distance of 13-24 cm from the surface that is painted. If you are doing this work for the first time, then you should practice applying paint and holding the weight of the tool.
- When you press the trigger starts spraying. The device should be moved so that the application of paint is not excessively abundant. Otherwise it will lead to the appearance of drops and drips. You can practice applying on a sheet of drywall or cardboard. For good paint distribution, adjust the flow.
- Each layer needs to be superimposed a little on the previous one so that there are no empty or lightly colored areas. However, avoid applying too thick a layer. It is necessary to apply paint only with vertical or only horizontal movements.
- If necessary, replenish the tank until the work is completed. After painting, the tank is removed and cleaned with a solvent.
- After drying the paint, if desired, apply a second layer. In some cases it is enough to apply one coat. However, double coating is considered more sustainable. Between staining, the surface should be treated with sandpaper. Thus, the adhesion between the layers will be more durable.
- Unused paint is drained into the container and tightly closed with a lid. In some cases (see paint instructions), residues cannot be used further.
- A quarter of the spray gun’s tank is filled with solvent and shaken well. After the solvent is passed through the spray until it begins to go out in pure form. If there is a lot of paint left in the tank, then it may be necessary to repeat the cleaning procedure.
After the paint is completely dry, the masking tape and paper are removed. If you leave the room uncleaned for a long time, then removing the adhesive tape may be difficult. The room should be well ventilated.
The device is a homemade mini-spray gun.
The use of spray guns instead of spray cans allows not only to increase the speed of work, but also to mix different colors of paint.
The use of this indispensable in the repair of the device reduces the cost of buying paint.
For professional use, you should only purchase tools from reliable manufacturers with a guarantee of quality.
Careful adherence to the instructions and technology ensures quality work from the first time.
If for some reason it was impossible to produce high-quality paint, then the walls should be carefully cleaned with emery paper and all the work should be done anew.