A drill is a tool that is needed to create holes in various materials. When using a tool, the question often arises about how to change a drill in a drill quickly. Replacement drill is required when changing the mode of operation. If you know how to do everything correctly, then there will be no problems.
Types of drills: a - spiral centerless, b - spiral with center and trimmers, c - spiral with screw center, d - center feather, d - center, e - gimlet, w - razzenkovka, z - groove, and - plug.
Types of drills for drill
All cloths which are used for work with a drill can be divided into the following groups:
- Special to work with metal are used most often. Today models are available that can work with metal surfaces that differ in hardness and other characteristics.
- Special canvases on wood, produced in different variations. These can be ordinary products or feather ones.
- For concrete walls used drills. In some cases they are used if there is no punch at hand. But this does not mean at all that a drill, even with the presence of a shock effect, can completely replace a puncher, since this equipment is not intended for such work.
- For working with wooden surfaces, special crowns are used that allow you to perform various activities.
- For work with concrete, special crowns are produced, which have serrated edges.
Diagram of the device drill.
When deciding how to replace the drill chuck on the drill, it is necessary to take into account the equipment model. Today, manufacturers offer an extensive model range, which differs not only in purpose but also in diameter. The most commonly used diameters from 0.5 mm to 10-15 cm.
The canvases designed for working with metal usually have a diameter of up to 2 cm. All of them have a special, well-recognized tip in the form of a cone. They can be used to work with plasterboard, wooden surfaces. Metal working cloths should always be carefully honed.
It is important to ensure that the temperature is maintained. If the fabric is heated during operation, it is necessary to turn off the drill. When the drill is blunt, it needs to be replaced, otherwise work with metal will be impossible.Back to table of contents
What works are drills intended for?
To improve the performance of the product lubricated with engine oil. Before work, it is required to perform the so-called coreing, i.e., mark a point with special equipment called a core. This is done so that at the start no offset occurs. It is impossible to use such a product for concrete: the drill will be blunt, and it will have to be thrown out.
Forms of the tail of the drill: a - cylindrical, b - conical, in - pyramidal.
Special canvases for wood can be used for drilling plasterboard sheets, plastic and other not too hard surfaces. The diameter can be different, its maximum value is 10-15 cm. To get holes with a diameter greater than 5 cm, you must use crowns. This is a special product, made in the form of a cylinder, its edges have teeth. In the center of the crown is a drill.
These models are used to create holes in plasterboard sheets. Usually the holes are prepared for the installation of sockets, switches. Crowns can be used to prepare the place for the installation of loops, locks, to work with ceramic tiles.
For concrete, special crowns and drills are used.. They can be produced for conventional drills, for impact drills, for the punch. They can drill concrete, brick, porcelain tile, ceramic tile. For a tile, only a regular drill is used, since the impact effect can split the plates while working. Turns are used average, maximum are inadmissible.
Diagram of the device clamping cartridge.
If you use a drill with a shock effect, you will have to buy a drill. They have a triangular tip, which is great for working with complex surfaces. On the reverse side of the canvas has a perforator cartridge. During installation, it is necessary to use a key that has a gear wheel for clamping (it usually comes in the kit).
It is allowed to use screwdrivers, hammers in order to remove stuck products. Such products are intended only for working with brick or concrete; for other materials it is not recommended to use them. The diameters are varied, there are products for working with dowels. Products are produced in the following diameters: 4 mm, 5 mm, 6 mm, 8 mm, 10 mm, 12 mm.
When replacing the drill, it is necessary to pay attention to its compatibility with the equipment used. For convenience, you must have a set of keys, they are usually included in the kit. If the manufacturer did not provide them or the keys were lost, then today they are easy to buy in the store.Back to table of contents
How to change the drill?
Diagram of the percussion mechanism of the drill.
To change the drill in the drill, you need to remove it. The replacement process itself is simple, but care must be taken not to damage the cartridge or the drill itself. Sequencing:
- First, it is recommended to turn off the equipment.
- After this, the drill is carefully removed from the chuck; special keys will help. Attention should be paid to what kind of cartridge installed. For example, if it is key, then the key itself must be installed in the hole intended for it. After that, it scrolls counterclockwise until the clamps disperse. Then the drill is easily pulled out, a new one is installed in its place.
- If the cartridge is used as a quick-clamping type, i.e. it is double-coupling, then it is necessary to rotate the coupling with the help of keys until the drill bit comes out. In this case, some effort is required, the drill is clamped in the hand (it is more convenient to hold it in the left hand). After that, you have to casually strike the cartridge with the palm of your hand. If the drill is not clamped tightly, then it is easily removed after such a movement.
What if the drill is stuck?
If the tool is stuck, then you need to make some effort to remove the drill. Care must be taken not to damage the instrument. The work itself is performed in this way:
- Equipment must be turned off.
- Next, you need to gently tap on the cartridge with a hammer, so as not to damage it. Between the chuck and the hammer must put a plate.
- It is necessary to tap on the chuck until the shank of the drill comes out.
If the drill only works with metal chucks, then two gas keys should be used to pull out the jammed drill.
They clamp the coupling, then rotate the cartridge counterclockwise. This method can also be used for a plastic cartridge, but there is a big risk of damaging it. If no method helps, then you should try to remove the entire cartridge from the equipment.
There may be a situation where the blade of the drill or screwdriver remains directly in the material that was processed. Determine that the drill is stuck, you can by the characteristic sound. In such a situation, you must immediately turn off the tool, then unzip the cartridge.
If the drill does not come out, then take a new chuck (if the old one does not work out), then carefully break off a small area around the stuck element with a drill. The “injured” equipment is easily removed, for this you can gently rock it. If no measure helps, then you need to contact the master in the service center. Too much effort can not be, because the equipment may break.
Replacing the working blade of the drill is not as difficult as it seems, even if it is stuck in the tool during operation. It is only necessary to choose the right model, ammunition. Enough work to do 1 time, then to do it with ease and without errors.