How to cut a jigsaw? First of all, you should be light. And the light should fall on the left. Sit straight, comfortable. The legs are bent at a right angle in the knees. The left hand is quietly located on the table and holds the workpiece. All tools at hand. Fine dust is sprinkled when sawing, so it is best to wear a mask. But if this seems odd to you, then breathe through your nose. Put on an apron, it will protect you from dust.
With a jigsaw, you can cut curved and straight parts.
What is required for work
Materials and tools:
- jigsaw and saw;
- trihedral awl;
- crafting table;
- carbon paper;
- PVA glue;
- lacquer, watercolor or gouache for coloring.
Varnishes and paints are optional.
- Plywood selection. When buying a sheet carefully consider it. Choose the plywood, which has fewer cracks and knots, chips, and which is clearly not stratified. It is better if it is birch plywood, because it is light and uniform.
- Preparation of plywood to work. Take a medium-grained sandpaper and sand the sheet along the layers. Then repeat the fine-grained skin. Got a silky smooth surface? So you can proceed to the next stage.
- Translation drawing. Put a blueprint, a drawing on it, and attach it to the plywood so that it takes up as little space as possible. Gently and clearly circle the pencil. Do not hurry. For straight lines, it is better to put a ruler. Clarity is needed not to squint when sawing.
Start of sawing with jigsaw
Put a blank with a picture on the table, sit comfortably and, holding it with your left hand, take the jigsaw by the handle with your right.
Putting the file to the workpiece, start sawing. For a start, advice - take a simple job, training, mostly with rectangular details. A dollhouse, for example, or a birdhouse.
They are easy to cut with a jigsaw, and the first work done quickly will bring great satisfaction. Having received the initial positive experience, you can safely complicate the task.Back to table of contents
For convenience and simplicity of work use special devices.
The jigsaw file should move evenly and slowly. It is strictly perpendicular to the workpiece. You can not forget this rule. And remember, jigsaw sawing always movement up and down.
When cutting out sharp corners, it is more convenient to cut with a jigsaw alternately on each side. Then sawing will be clear. And note that the gap between the pattern and the line of cut should be no more than 0.5 mm.
This is needed later for file grinding. If the jigsaw came off the picture, it is corrected by sweeping. If there are internal contours in the workpiece, then they should be cut with a jigsaw first.
Without damaging the marking lines, it is necessary to make a three-sided awl or drill a hole so that it can be installed in the jigsaw. This should be done carefully, placing a piece of wood under the future hole. Then there will be no chips in the product.
The hole is made. Then the upper nut of the jigsaw is unscrewed and the free end of the file is carefully inserted into the hole. Fix the file with a nut. The workpiece is laid neatly on the table and sawing continues.
If sawing on bends is required, then, without stopping sawing, the plywood is slowly turned until it reaches the desired direction. Then you can safely cut a jigsaw on the picture.
During sawing, the file should be strictly perpendicular to the workpiece.
- Stripping. The main thing - do not rush. Sand the edges and the back of the part with a sandpaper so that there is no burrs, walk again on the front part, and the inner holes can be worked through with a round file.
- Assembly and gluing. If this is your first experience and you started with a simple product, the assembly will not confuse you. Having gained experience, according to the drawings, you can subsequently assemble and complex structures. And gluing is also nothing special. Apply a little glue on the ribs, tightly tie it with a strong thread and put to dry. It takes about a quarter of an hour, half an hour.
- Finishing products. To decorate the entire product or individual items, you can use watercolor in the most usual way. But just in case, apply a watercolor on an unnecessary piece of plywood, look at what color it turned out and how it lay. Varnish crafts need varnish on wood, preferably colorless, and a brush for glue. Try to varnish without stains and streaks. This requires accuracy. Do not dry on the street - dust will settle on the varnish. It will turn out ugly, rough. Carefully read the instructions on the can with varnish.
Electric jigsaw cutting
When working with an electric jigsaw, you must carefully observe safety precautions, wear glasses, gloves, carefully fasten the workpiece and do not touch the cutting blade.
How to saw an electric jigsaw? During the work it is necessary to observe safety precautions.
The instruction manual must be carefully studied. Make sure the cord is free from defects. Insulation must be perfect. Believe the fastening strength of the jigsaw blade. It must be firmly fixed.
To avoid injuries, do not allow contact with the cutting blade jigsaw.
Jigsaw file should be consistent with the material that is sawn.
Wear safety glasses when working, otherwise fragments may damage the eyes. It is advisable to have a system of removal of garbage from the canvas to see the processing line. Do not work on weight.
Turn off the jigsaw and wait for it to stop completely, the code you take off the tool from the product. Start and finish with a small feed.
Do not use high engine speed. One last thing: to make the jigsaw serve you for a long time, lubricate and clean it.
Types of materials for work:
- various types of wood;
- ceramic tile;
- non-ferrous metals and even steel.
Naturally, this will require a set of files used for a particular material.Back to table of contents
After all the parts are cut, they are cleaned, removing irregularities and glued, getting the finished product.
You should always have sharp files. Dull blades overload the engine, the edges of the product are torn. If it is good to fix the workpiece, the result will be accurate and accurate. Fixation is very important. If the material is poorly fixed, the jigsaw can come off and injure you.
Saw jigsaw need without tension, its course should be free. It does not work - it means that the canvas is dull. It is desirable to put the workpiece face down, then sawing with an electric jigsaw will be neater.
A more accurate cut will be obtained when sawing next to the markup. Directly sawing is not very accurate marking. To sawing with an electric jigsaw at an angle was more accurate, after setting the sawing angle, the draft is cut and the angle is checked with a protractor. Only after that proceed to the work.
When sawing is done on wood, the result is obtained without torn edges and burrs, very high quality. To make a long cut, it is necessary to put long strips along the cutting line on the material for cutting. To fix. Jigsaw blade should be kept on the bar. Only in this way the long cut will be perfectly straight.
In figure cutting, the curved lines are not very sinuous, and the circumference - only with a radius of up to 25 mm. Only a jigsaw with a turning file will allow to make curves of a smaller radius.
If you work with a laminated surface jigsaw, the cutting line must be made on the wrong side and it should be put on the workbench for sawing. If the material is laminated on both sides, then it is lined with top and bottom pieces of chipboard. After that sawing is done. So you will avoid splitting the material.
There are a lot of subtleties in working with a jigsaw. But, having mastered the basics, performing all the safety precautions, you will become a master, will get involved in the creative process of creating patterns and will be able to do those works that are unthinkable without the use of a jigsaw.