People who have used a puncher at least once know perfectly well how difficult it is to use it properly and monitor its working condition. That is why the systematic repair and maintenance of this device is an integral part of the operation process. Do-it-yourself punch repair is the most financially viable option, especially since some of the damage is minor.
The perforator is an indispensable device in construction. However, if used improperly, it can quickly fail.
So frequent problems of the tool are connected with the fact that it is used in very difficult conditions when greater productivity is required. Often the punch simply does not withstand the loads that are imposed on it. Even brand models are not insured against damage.
As a rule, almost any instrument that ceases to function over time is repairable at home. However, not everyone has an idea of how to fix a particular tool. Punch is no exception.
Some general information
Diagram of the external part of the punch.
When a tool fails, it often happens that the cause of a malfunction is some kind of wire that has come off. Many people pay a lot of money in the service centers to put the wire in place. Mechanical damage most often can be seen visually. With a thorough inspection of a failed punch, you can, for example, see a minor malfunction that caused a breakdown.
However, there are also situations when the usual “old-fashioned” method — shaking, knocking — cannot solve the problem. In this case, the question arises, contact a professional repair office or take up the repair yourself.Back to table of contents
Can I repair it myself?
If the visual inspection of the punch does not show damage, then the next step is to disassemble it.
It all depends on how serious the breakdown is and whether you have certain skills to repair the punch. If we are talking about an old tool that has been serving for a long time and does not represent much value to the user, then you can try to disassemble the puncher and find faults yourself. In addition, if the damage is visually visible and there is an idea of what to do with the tool, then self-repair also takes place.
If the perforator model is more modern, bought relatively recently, and costs a lot of money, then it is not always recommended to start the work yourself, as it can be made worse. If during the initial inspection no visible problems were found, it is not recommended to carry out further repairs. Only users with experience and technical skills can do the repair.Back to table of contents
Some signs of possible malfunctions
If in the course of work you have discovered any malfunctions in the operation of the perforator, it is necessary to find out the cause of the malfunctions.
Of course, people who acquire a hammer drill expect 100% return on it. Especially if the purchased device is a quality imported product. Therefore, in order to prevent serious damage, you need to have an idea of how the device works. By the operation of the tool (some features), it is sometimes possible to determine the cause of the malfunction. Such things can not be neglected to prevent greater damage.
- Unpleasant smell from the device, especially burning.
- The operation of the perforator in the normal mode is unstable - short circuits or short pauses in operation occur.
- The device does not fulfill its intended purpose sometimes or for a certain time.
- When you turn on or work tool appears strange sounds that were not previously present.
In the event that one of the above or other signs of unstable operation of the perforator was noticed, you should immediately find out what the matter is. Attention and care for the instrument are indispensable conditions for a long service life. Therefore, the first step towards fixing the punch is the ability to completely disassemble it into its component parts.
Back to table of contents
How to disassemble a puncher or a drill?
In order to repair a punch, you need to know how to disassemble the device correctly and in what order.
Many may wonder why. The answer is quite simple: if you disassemble the instrument into its components and find the breakage of one of the parts, then you can purchase a new one and replace the spare part. Most may also think that it is much better and faster to take the tool to the appropriate service, and the repair will be done for you. However, first of all, it will take a lot of time to bring and take the tool, which is extremely wasteful with a limited period of work; In addition, it is a waste of extra money for repairs. Thus, carrying out repairs yourself, you can save money and time to fix it.
- You need to start work from the top node. First, remove the rubber tip, then the washer, at the end - a spring and a ball.
- After removing the ball, you can proceed to unscrewing the screws that hold the body. Next, remove the pad on the handle (in the event that it is available). Only after the work done, the starter wires are disconnected.
- Need to remove the brush holder.
- At this stage it is necessary to disconnect the gearbox and housing before a gap is formed. Through this gap will be removed switch.
- At the final stage, the body of the perforator is placed vertically and fixed in one position using a vice. All parts and parts neatly get out of it.
Regardless of what a breakdown is present, it is strongly recommended to clean the casing and all parts from dust and dirt.
Undeleted contamination in the future may interfere with the stable operation of the punch.Back to table of contents
Parts and tools for work
Usually the repair of the device is reduced to the banal replacement of very common parts. May require:
The scheme of the main parts of the punch, which often break.
- cable to connect to the network;
- insulating tape;
After replacing defective parts, the device will come to normal operation.Back to table of contents
Serial device repair
It is better to study the scheme of the device, the location of spare parts and their purpose before starting repairs. The most common damage and repairs:
Diagram of the internal part of the punch.
- Breakdowns of the windings - very often it happens that there is a breakdown in the armature and starter windings. This problem occurs due to dust. The main repair is that all parts are thoroughly cleaned, those that are not cleanable are replaced. In order to prevent such a breakdown, it is necessary to carry out preventive maintenance of the instrument 1 time in 2 weeks. Prevention consists in complete cleaning of the case and all parts. After that, all the necessary parts need to be soaked with grease or varnish. There are some recommendations that relate to the choice of the lubricant manufacturer - it should be the same as that of the perforator itself. An alternative option would be a good engine oil.
- Worn brushes - the power and build quality of the perforator do not play any role, since almost all models are subject to this failure. It is very easy to replace them - to disassemble the tool according to the above scheme, pull out the old ones and put in new ones. You need to choose brushes from three options: graphite, carbon-graphite or coal. The best option are carbon-graphite. They combine both durability and softness of work (graphite ones serve for a long time, but harm the collector; coal is safe, but their service life is relatively short).
- Mechanical problems - any model is equipped with switching modes, they can sometimes fail. When replacing such small parts, it is important to consider one thing: you should only buy spare parts that exactly match the factory ones. However, most often prevent preventive damage using conventional preventive methods.
This description of repair punch do it yourself ends. In order to prevent breakdowns or at least delay this moment, it is necessary to strictly follow the instructions for use and carry out preventive measures in time.