At the dacha is always a lot of work. For example, quite often it is necessary to update the paintwork on the fence, doors, windows, etc. In this case, many spend a lot of free time, working with a brush or roller. To the process of painting work moved much faster, you can use an electric spray gun.
The main parts of the electric paint.
In the modern market of construction tools, paint sprayers are represented by various models, which differ not only in technical characteristics, but also in cost. Therefore, it is very important to choose for yourself the best option that would be able to best cope with the tasks. Consider how to choose the right electric spray gun.
The device and the principle of operation of electric spray guns
This power tool works on the principle of converting electrical energy into pneumatic. An external power supply is required for its operation.
Figure 1. Diagram of the internal structure of the spray gun.
Due to the special design of the spray gun (Fig. 1), paint under high pressure comes from the tank, and then sprayed on the finishing surface with a spray gun. The container for paint can be located either above the tool (paint drain) or below it (paint leakage).
With a slight pull on the trigger, compressed air passes through the sprayer. If you press the gun harder, the spray needle moves, which causes the paint to spray with small drops. The greater the air pressure, the smaller the paint will be sprayed.. Each type of coloring matter has its own atomizer. For example, if the paint has a high viscosity, then for high-quality spraying it is necessary to use a tool with a large outlet.
Depending on the painting conditions and the type of the coloring matter, the working pressure in the system is set with the help of an adjusting screw for air supply, and with the screw for feeding the material and adjusting the spray pattern, the amount of incoming material and the spray pattern are adjusted.Back to table of contents
The advantages of the electric spray gun
There are many positive aspects of this tool:
The scheme of an electric spray gun with a hose.
- Mobility. For the operation of such a spray gun do not need to use any air pumps and compressors. The main thing is to have access to a stationary power supply network of 220 V.
- Simplicity and ease of use. Models designed for household needs, have a simple design that is easily disassembled and assembled.
- Small dimensions and weight. Electric spray guns have a compact size, while the tank can hold up to 1 liter of paint. The weight of household tools with an empty tank can be 1.4-2.2 kg. Due to this, during long work your hands will not get very tired.
- Efficiency. Modern models are able to process any surface with a rather thin layer of paint, due to which its consumption is significantly reduced compared to the use of a brush or roller.
- Price. Electric gun compared with the pneumatic version is much cheaper, so everyone can afford such a tool.
What to look for when choosing a paint sprayer
In order to choose the electric gun correctly, you need to pay attention to the following characteristics:
Scheme of operation of the electric spray gun.
- The width of the torch. Before buying a tool, you need to know what areas they are supposed to process. If you paint a large surface with a small stream, then you will spend a lot of time on it. If the torch is wide, then they can be painted and a small detail, however, the consumption of the coloring matter will be large. If you need to often work with large and small areas, it is best to purchase 2 models with different torch widths. This will save not only your time, but also money.
- Nozzle size This value will depend on the grain size of the material used. For basic coatings “metallic” the size should be 1.2-1.3 mm, for acrylic paints and varnish - 1.4-1.5 mm, for primers - 1.5-1.7 mm, for liquid putty - 1 , 7 and more. For the first painting you can use a spray gun with a nozzle of 1.4 mm. It can also be used for priming the surface by adding a solvent to the primer slightly more than normal. In the market there are replaceable sets of nozzles with various sizes. By purchasing such a kit, you will make your instrument versatile.
- Nozzle cover. For the product to serve you for a long time, you should choose models that are equipped with a stainless steel lid.
- Material manufacturing tank. The paint container can be made of metal or plastic. Metal tanks are much easier to clean off the paint after work, but they are opaque, so it is difficult to control the remaining paint in them. Plastic products are transparent, so it is easy to control the consumption of paint, but it will be difficult to clean such a tank from paint. In this case, it is up to you to decide what is more important to you: control or ease of care.
- Body material. The best option is the spray gun, made of high quality plastic, which is strong enough and light, which will greatly facilitate its operation.
- Place of fixation of the tank. Paint tank can be installed on the bottom or top. You need to choose the option that will be convenient for you. However, experts recommend to buy a tool with the upper location of the tank. In this case, it will be easier for you to work with thick paints.
- The presence of regulations. Most models are equipped with a minimum number of options (rough setting of the volume of paint supply and the shape of a nozzle). More modern models may have the ability to preset the working pressure, electronic adjustment of the dye supply, several spray modes, etc. Here, the choice will depend on your financial capabilities, since the cost of more equipped models will be much higher.
- The possibility of battery life. Some models can operate on battery, which is very convenient in the absence of a fixed power supply.
Selecting an electric spray gun by manufacturer
When choosing a tool, it is better to give preference to world famous brands (for example, Wagner, DeWalt, Bosch), which are distinguished by high build quality and reliability. All electric paint sprayers can be divided into 2 types:
- high pressure airless spray gun;
- low pressure spray gun.
In the first case, the main component of the tool is a piston pump, which creates a working pressure of about 150-200 atm. As an example, a Wagner unit called Paint Crew, having a power of 625 W, which creates a pressure of 190 atm.
This allows you to achieve high quality painting and a small consumption of coloring matter.
The cost of such equipment is quite high - about 14 thousand rubles.
Electric low pressure paint sprayer operates at pressures up to 1 atm. In this case, the spraying process is similar to the operation of an LVLP standard pneumatic device. One of the most popular models of this class, which is used to spray water-based paint, is called Bosch PFS 55. It weighs only 1.3 kg and is equipped with a capacity of 0.6 liters. The cost of such a device is about 3200 rubles.
Cheaper spray guns are mainly represented by models of Chinese and Russian production. Choosing such a spray gun, you should not count on high quality spray.