When carrying out repairs indoors it is often possible to measure the angle of inclination of the plane. Traditionally used for this water level. This is the most primitive device that allows to determine the line of the horizon. The advanced laser model of the modern type is characterized by great functionality. In another such device is also called a level. It allows you to make measurements with the greatest accuracy, speed and reliability. To better understand the principle of its operation, you should study the device laser level.
The laser level is a device of very high accuracy, requiring minimal time and power costs for measurements.
Mechanism of action, scope
It is known that any holding of events of a construction orientation is inseparably linked with this or that dimension. For these purposes, in ancient times, such primitive devices as laces and plumb lines were used.
The principle of the laser level.
Occasionally they can be found in modern conditions, but only as a complementary start.
The laser level is a high precision instrument, equipped with a plastic body and complemented with latex. This coating allows you to protect its insides from the penetration of debris and the smallest particles. Diodes create an intense luminous flux, which helps its holder to carry out a series of measuring manipulations, to calculate the amount of surface inclination. It is actively used not only in the construction field, but also during military operations and other areas.Back to table of contents
Positive qualities of a level
Such measuring equipment has the following advantages:
The main functions of the laser level.
- Extensive field of application. It consists in using the device in open areas, in buildings. The effect of the level does not depend on the surface indicators, it allows you to solve problems not only for everyday use, but also for industrial significance, creating projections of horizontal and vertical views, coordinate axes. Landmark has the form of a point or cross. This level at the same time captures the ceiling and the floor, imitating the effect of plumb lines. Separate models form a clear beam trajectory, engaging almost the entire room, turning the device at an angle of 360 ° C. Levels are distinguished by endless abilities.
- The speed of the measurement activities. The marking of ceilings is 2 times faster compared with the use of other devices. There is no need to drag the pipes with a water level, you do not need to move in different directions, change the location, pull the laces in the horizontal plane. The use of lasers is associated with such manipulations: with the help of a tape measure, move away from the epicenter of the light line, mark the distance every 0.5 m, and carry out installation work. Vertical lines are defined in the same way.
- The most accurate indicators of deposition and construction. The markings performed on the beams without using a tape measure make the size of the product as accurate as possible. However, there are small errors associated with the human factor. It can be oscillatory movements of human hands, associated with their trembling. The disadvantage of such a device is only one - this is a high cost.
Types of measuring devices, their purpose
You must choose the laser level slowly, carefully studying and weighing the functions of the product. These precision instruments are available in the following versions:
Due to the high speed of measurements, the marking time for ceilings and other surfaces is halved.
- Elementary devices. These are rack mechanisms with a set of primitive functions that allow a limited number of activities to be carried out. The cost of such models is low. The process of work is associated with certain difficulties, the range of such actions is clearly regulated.
- Complicated version of the design is characterized by the presence of self-leveling function. They have a cruciform shape and can occupy both vertical and horizontal position. Rack level for work is not required. Basically, such a product helps to mark the ceilings and walls. Being fixed on a partition, its possibilities are sharply limited.
- Professional samples have unlimited potential. Actively used in everyday life and when conducting large-scale construction work. Such devices involve the use of a tripod for a circular movement of the light strip horizontally and vertically, points, crosses, finding the position of a straight line and with a slope, with different angles.
Laser levels can be electronic and pendulum. The first option is characterized by a sophisticated device of a professional nature, used for the most accurate measurements of significant distances. The slightest error in this case are excluded. This laser is equipped with a complex device with a large number of different sensors.
Models of the pendulum type have a special device with diodes emitting a luminous flux of an intense nature.
The pendulum allows you to carry out activities most accurately, exposing horizontal and vertical lines in the correct order.
The advantage of the laser level is its wide scope of application both in open areas and indoors.
The device can take up to 5 measurements at once in unequal planes.
In addition, a device of mixed type is produced, it combines different ways of alignment: manual, electronic and pendulum. Particularly noteworthy characteristics associated with the designation of light bands:
- Point options that are used to find lines on the surface, their landmark has the form of a point.
- Linear products that allow the construction of longitudinal and transverse lines. With their help, you can easily build a plane.
- Rotary lasers have a complex internal mechanism and are characterized by high speeds of rotation of the LEDs.
Devices of such a plan are distinguished by the most accurate results, allowing you to simultaneously build several longitudinal lines at any height. Preliminary marking is not required here, and the installation work is carried out according to the epicenter of the light strip. Such a device in the home is not used.