The review of laser levels will allow to orient in their various options. The device combines all the functions of levels, theodolites, conventional levels. It measures any planes horizontally and vertically.
The work of the laser level.
Devices have their own classification:
- Static line builders (crosslineers, multiprism builders) and axes (dot lasers, pointers).
- Having the function of a conventional rangefinder. This group includes the usual builder: laser level, level.
- Rotary (multi-prism). They create projections of planes.
Overview of static devices
- CrossLiner (line builder).
Types of laser levels.
They are used in the process of repair and small construction works, such as: apartment renovation, facade finishing, work on small personal plots. These include the cross-liner. The name itself says that such a device forms intersecting lines, and with the help of them a measurement is made. The beam passes through a prism with a special internal structure, splits and forms static laser lines. It does not rotate around its axis, as in some devices. The distance at which the device operates is 20 m, but if you equip it with a special amplifier, then 50-100 m. The larger the device, the larger the LEDs and, accordingly, the radius of action.
The second name is the multi-prismatic level, since it has more diodes and prisms. Although there are very simple, where there are two rays, vertically and horizontally. Complicated can produce a grid of lines not only on the sides, but up and down. The lines are developed at an angle from 120 (simple models) to 360 degrees (more sophisticated), forming a plane.
Check the flatness on a large area of the wall.
The device is equipped with a self-leveling system. It is positioned as horizontally as possible, using the usual bubble level, then it is leveled itself, compensating for shifts, trembling. The largest alignment angle is 3 degrees, the best models have 6.
When the permissible angle is exceeded, the device gives a signal that it is necessary to manually adjust its position, in which case the legs are twisted or placed on a more even basis. If not ideally smooth lines are necessary, then automatics are disconnected and set manually.
- Point pointer (axis builder).
Such devices produce only points, indicating the direction. They are very clearly visible, clearer than the lines. It matters in the bright light of the sun, lamps or just daylight. There are no prisms in the device or radiators rotating around the axis, which quench the beam. Therefore, the point is visible in any light. For large rooms or when working outdoors, it is ideal. A point pointer has three or five rays, which diverge from it from all sides and upwards. The lines come out of it perpendicular to each other. Comparing it with a plumb fair, but still the axle builder has much more functions. Apply such a device for marking the formwork, the projection of floors, walls, frames. Direction down can be obtained by lifting it.Back to table of contents
Review of rotational levels
The device creates a projection laser point, which moves with high speed in a circle.
The device is a laser level.
A laser line is formed with a 360-degree sweep. Suitable for use on both small and large areas. This is the same point level, but with a rotating beam. It also measures the zenith, is able to project the laser upwards. They measure the difference between heights. Its range reaches 70 m, and with a receiver - 400 m.
They are quite large. They produce not only a horizontal plane, but also a vertical one and, in very advanced models, an angular one. They can be equipped with a remote control. Using the “out of level” function, it makes it impossible to markup anything unevenly.Back to table of contents
Some technical requirements for devices
- The error in cheap devices on 10 m can be 3 mm - this is a poor-quality product.
- The range of action for many devices is understated, when using it is longer.
- If the laser wavelength is 650 nanometers, this is an old model and a poor-quality device. It should be 625 mm (red with a yellow beam), much better - 532 (green beam).
- A good self-leveling indicator of 5 mm, a normal normal level gives 3 mm.
- Static should work on batteries for at least 10 hours, rotary on batteries - 30-40 hours.
- The temperature of the environment in which they are used. The range for high-quality devices ranges from minus 20 to plus 50 degrees Celsius.
Good luck in construction!