How is the calibration of the level and what kind of device? The level is a modern measuring device, which is used during construction. With the help of the level you can check the horizontal and vertical lines with a high level of accuracy. But there is a need to perform calibration of the level. How to do it and which level is more convenient to use?
Diagram of the device optical level.
Types of equipment
For performance of measuring works various models of devices can be applied. They allow you to perform the following options:
- geometric measurements;
- trigonometric work;
- barometric measurements;
- hydrostatic measurements.
Geometrical measurements are most often performed. The principle of operation is that the position of the points is determined using horizontal rays.. All data is recorded. In order for them to be accurate, the device must first be configured, check it out. Types of products are used different, they are divided into technical, accurate, high-precision. The equipment should be selected on the basis of what kind of work will be carried out.
Types of laser levels.
- Optical levels provide accurate data at almost any distance (indicated by the manufacturer, as well as the level of accuracy). Used for construction work, usually requires the participation of two people, additionally applies a special measuring rail.
- The laser device is easy to use, it gives accurate data. Equipment is in demand during repair, construction works, if measurements are needed at relatively short distances.
- Electronic, or digital, devices are used for horizontal measurements. The result is displayed on a special display.
Line of sight
To perform the sighting of equipment such as a level, you must first put the line of sight in a horizontal position. This can be done in 2 ways:
- in automatic mode using a compensator for small angles;
- with the use of an elevation screw.
From the right perfect choice depends on the quality and convenience of work. Testing is carried out for:
- round level axes;
- equipment rotation lines;
- sight axis set in the telescope;
- axis cylindrical level, which is located in the pipe.
Verification of the cylindrical level. Measurements with unequal distances to the rails
When performing work it is necessary to observe the following geometric conditions:
- In a round device, the axis is placed in a parallel position with respect to the line of rotation of the level itself.
- In the grid, the vertical thread is placed in a parallel position to the axis of the device.
- For a cylindrical instrument, it is necessary to install the sighting axis in a parallel position relative to the telescope.
Tool check options
To start using the level and level, you need to perform a verification. Procedure:
- The axis of the circular device is in a parallel position of the axis of rotation. To perform the verification, it is necessary to use lifting screws that reduce bubbles to zero point. It is enough to rotate the equipment 180 degrees. If the bubble moves halfway and more, then with screws you should move it to the center by about half the arc, then combine the bubble with the center of the measuring ampoule. All work is reduced to the adjustment screws.
- The vertical thread of the mesh is in a parallel position to the axis of rotation of the equipment. To do this, hang a plumb, then in the 20-25 cm it is necessary to put the level. The vertical thread is placed in such a way as to combine it with a plumb line. When the thread does not match the value of 0.5 mm, then it is necessary to perform work on the correction of the situation. To do this, loosen the adjusting screws, then turn the screw 2 ½ turn, and the screw 3 approximately примерно turn. The grid is turned by hand until the plumb line and the vertical thread are aligned.
Verification of the product cylindrical type
Cylindrical level and slopes at bubble position: a - side view, 6 - top view, 1 - ampoule, 2 - liquid, 3 - vial, 4 - correction screw, 5 - ampoule slope.
The verification process includes:
- The vertical plane of the equipment, which passes through the axis of the device, is placed in a parallel relation to the plane, which passes through the sighting tube.
- The target, cylindrical axis must be in a position parallel to each other.
During the first stage of verification, it is required to install a level 50 m from the installed rail, its lifting screw should be set in alignment for sighting the measuring rail. Other equipment screws should take a symmetrical position from the existing line of sight. The pipe is aimed at the measuring rail; a special screw of the elevation type should combine the bubbles.
Screws should be carefully rotated in opposite directions, the number of revolutions - 3.
The device at the same time leans in the left side, the ends of the bubble are combined, on the rail you need to take a count, for example, Vl = 1566 mm. The product should be moved to the right side, all actions should be repeated, using the count in Bp = 1570 mm.
The second stage of verification is allowed to do a different method. The best way to check the level forward. What do I need to do? In the interval of 50 m from the device 2 pegs are put. The level itself from the first point must be set at 2-3 m, after which with the help of a special screw the bubbles are combined, the reference level is taken for the far and near the slats. Further, the level is located near the second point, all actions should be repeated. Removed data from the gauging rail.Back to table of contents
Equipment calibration with compensator
And - in - schemes of an arrangement of axes at checking of a level, g - level positions at the third checking.
To check the level with the supplied compensator, you must perform the following steps:
- for special installation level round type;
- for the delivered measuring grid of threads;
- for the compensator;
- to determine the horizontal position of all lines of sight.
The first 2 actions are performed as for a regular level device. First you need to make sure that the compensator is in full working condition. The device should be brought to the working position, start reading on the ruler “a”, and then turn it 1/8 of a turn. The grid of equipment threads after the performed manipulations should easily return immediately to the “a” countdown on the measuring rail. In another case, the check cannot be performed, as the compensator will require repair.
Working with the device requires determining the measurement range. Within the range a special precise pendulum operates. With the help of a specially installed adjustment screw, a side or longitudinal slope should be performed.
It is done on both sides of the zero point of the level until the pendulum, which has a compensator, hangs. The instrument hang should be fixed at the moment when sharp fluctuations are observed during the measurement. A special measuring rod is used, supplied or purchased separately. In this action, the used wire mesh moves simultaneously with the tilting of the equipment.
The process of checking the level of the existing bubble is performed. For example, during operation with an inclination equal to a = 1570 mm, the observed freezing should begin when the inclination of ± 20 is observed: + a: 1566 mm, a: 1569 mm. For proper calibration of the device with a horizontal line, it is necessary to perform other actions. After actuation of the supplied compensator placed on the equipment, the sighting axis becomes only in the vertical position. Self-alignment is not performed, it is carried out only in the factory.
To perform the calibration of the level it is necessary to use only good equipment. Before you start work, you should conduct a technical diagnosis. If malfunctions are detected, then a repair should be carried out, usually this is done only in the conditions of a service center.