Now it is very difficult to imagine any locksmith event without using a router. But not so long ago, people made grooves, made volumetric figures with a plane, chisels and hacksaws. In modern times, various milling devices, including self-made ones, are becoming increasingly popular. Templates for the router with their hands allow you to facilitate the management of the mechanism, help to carry out surface treatment as accurately and accurately as possible.
The scheme of parallel emphasis on the manual router.
Such a device is necessary where you need to make a hole, smooth out the edge of the product, cut a three-dimensional shape. Milling is used when cutting out ornaments, patterns, preparing niches for installing corners, locking mechanisms, loops. This tool allows you to remove the chamfer, round off the edge of any part. According to its characteristics, the frezer resembles a planer action.
This processing device works with wood, plastic and aluminum. However, each of the cases involves the installation of specified speeds and related equipment. Despite the active use of the router, such attributes of construction value as a chisel, hacksaw, cutter are still used in the work. The use of patterns for these installations is often associated with the manufacture of furniture.
Making homemade furniture pattern
The right direction when working as a mill.
Any employee of the furniture organization knows how difficult it is to make a corner kitchen. Installing a worktop requires precise joints, rounding the leading edge and flattening other parts. It is known that a flat face, put in the form of a rounded start, will acquire an unsympathetic appearance with a noticeable rough seam. To trim was carried out correctly and accurately, use a milling device and a specially made template for furniture. Creating such samples yourself is not so difficult.
The main devices, without which installation will be impossible, will be:
- sheet fiberboard;
- manual milling mechanism;
Phased manufacturing pattern for furniture
Furniture parts, cut on the pattern, have the same shape and size.
- Such a template, made by hand, will carry out its functions no worse than that acquired in the store. To create it, you need to prepare a drawing and a cover for the processing machine. Then a homemade test is made from a sheet of fiberboard, its thickness is equal to 8 mm.
- Next is the measurement of the diameter of the cutter and the machine itself. Then 2 intersecting lines are drawn, the angle of which is 135 °. To smooth out these figures, the arc is taken. To calculate its radius, it is necessary to find out similar indications for the cutter and rings. From the magnitude of the first device, subtract the resulting difference in the radii of rings and cutters.
- It turns out the internal arc. At its base milling is carried out flat end postforming. As the ring moves along a given radius, the cutter describes such an arc, the diameter of which is equal to its own.
- Two lines are laid out from the drawn segment, parallel to each other. The distance between these points is equal to the diameter of the ring used router. To these indications is added 5 mm. The line originates from the middle of the preceding arc.
- The point of connection of the segments is smoothed with the help of an arc. Its radius corresponds to the same indications of the stop ring of the device. During the movement the mill will not be able to carry out arc-shaped movements.
- You need to draw 2 equivalent rectangles that imitate the contours of the table top. An angle is imposed on them, after which it is lengthened by a certain distance.
- The marks placed on the template will significantly simplify the work. The arcs of the upper and lower rows will not be combined. Therefore, to carry out the reconciliation for each detail you need a little shifting these boundaries.
Rules for working with templates for the router.Back to table of contents
Templates for hand mill
- The first step is to make a template from hardwood hardwood, whose thickness is equal to 6 mm. The height of the stencil of MDF corresponds to 12 mm. These materials are very convenient in processing and are in no way inferior to wood. However, their corners easily deflect from accidental bumps or falls. In order for the templates to serve for a long time, you need to take high-quality birch. Despite its high cost, unlike MDF, it has greater strength and consistency of characteristics.
Edge milling using a template and a copying ring.
The boundaries of the parts are drawn on the surface of the template in compliance with natural proportions. Then the starting grooves are drilled, unnecessary material is cut with a jigsaw, observing a 1 mm indent near the contour line. The edges of the edges are carefully polished, paper stencil is removed.
- Using the template creates a specified number of parts. Then this element is put on the product and outlined with a pencil. Unnecessary material is cut out, moving away from the contour by 1.5 mm. Similar actions are carried out with other blanks.
- With the help of double-sided tape based on fabric, the template is fixed to one of the products. To get the job done as quickly as possible, insert a mill that has a bearing on the shank into the machine collet. This detail rolls along the edge of the stencil.
- Then you need to select the type of cutter. All versions with bearings are used for milling according to templates, the device is held in hand and installed on the surface. With the help of a copy milling cutter, the operation of the machine is monitored at the moment when the part moves on the table, the template is located on top.
- The space between the tip and the shank does not need to be machined with a mill with a bearing in one pass. This can be done in 2-3 times, using a cheaper version of the cutter. Milling is carried out when aligning the bearing with the middle part of the stencil thickness.
- A stubborn pivotal device is placed close to the mill. The machine turns on, the part is pressed to this part and gradually moves to the rotating cutter until the bearing contacts the pattern. The outer contours are milled counterclockwise, the inner contours are in the opposite direction. At the moment of contact of the mill bearing with the template, the part is removed from the rod stop device.
The copying device at the shank functions in the same way, however, it is required to turn the part so that the stencil will look at the surface of the table. Milling is carried out similarly to the work of the milling table. In the process of carrying out manipulations it is important to monitor the integrity of the base of the workbench.Back to table of contents
Wedge-shaped templates for hand mill
Template for rounding corners.
You can make a pattern in the form of spikes or wedges on your own. This compound is elegant and is most often used in the manufacture of furniture. And there, as you know, high build quality is required. Applying such primitive devices as a saw and chisel in this work, one cannot do without certain experience in the construction industry, which cannot be said about a manual router. He allows to carry out the given work even to beginners.
How to get a combination of templates for the mill, so that it clearly marks the wedges on all blanks? To do this, you can use a manual machine with decent performance. The ring must necessarily fit the size of the machine, otherwise it should be purchased.
A partially wedge-shaped device can be seen from one side. Connection through nature can be traced from both points. To combine the two parts of the light element is installed strictly vertically. Periodically interdental space of the template is cleaned from sawdust. Upon completion of the work, the existing roughness must be treated with emery cloth.Back to table of contents
The main practical points
Milling groove pattern.
- The connection of parts.
Combinations made with the help of a hand mill are set to the full depth; it remains the same after the final attachment. In each recess moves any of the coping rings. The pattern is shifted in the process of milling two elements. The offset parts must be as accurate as possible, locking them with support rods in the amount of two pieces. So, with the help of the router it was possible to get the most accurate somewhat hidden spike connection. There is no need for additional bonding. Details are firmly fixed to each other.
- Measurement and fixing patterns.
The spike mechanism is made of steel, parts of this device are represented by two rods and screws. The glossy pattern helps to form a somewhat hidden connection of a wedge-shaped character. It is easily replaced by a spike combination mechanism or dovetail device. Then the depth of the copy ring is set. Further milling is associated with its movement on the teeth of the template.
- Fastening parts.
Two parts are mounted with rods.
Details adjustable template.
The detail of the dark colors of the horizontal arrangement is tightly connected with the vertical element of a lighter tone, which is in line with the upper bar.
- Regulation of connecting elements.
To adjust the points to be aligned, the parts are fed to small rods that slightly move the base.
- Mounting template.
Template device moves to the bottom of the overall mechanism, fastened with a screw. As soon as the depth is adjusted, milling can be carried out.
In this device it is possible to clamp elements whose width corresponds to 300 mm or less. Maximum thickness values may vary by a few mm.
- Templates for finger connections.
For such a device, the workpiece is placed in a vertical position and machined with a slot-type mill. Spikes have smooth edges with their parallel arrangement. To preserve the integrity of the part, at the time of milling a support device is installed in the form of a bar.