The hand saw is truly one of the most indispensable tools in the household, but even the best saw can become dull with time. Sharpening it yourself is not at all difficult, you don’t need to have any special skills - you just need to strictly follow the recommendations. For sharpening need such tools:
Sharpening hand saw on wood.
- File (flat and round).
If the saw is sharpened correctly, then there is no doubt that it will function properly. However, saws that are designed to work on wood, not only become blunt with time, but also on sale often come blunt. Especially this situation is relevant for those tools that have large teeth. Thus, for those for whom the efficiency of the saw is an important issue, you need to take care of sharpening in advance.
How to sharpen a saw on a tree?
The shape of the teeth of the saw for cutting wood.
In order to sharpen the saw on a tree, you need to stock up a file that has 3 faces. The triangular file is necessary in order to be able to sharpen the teeth. The file should be angled in the cutting edge. As for the magnitude of this angle, it should be from 45 to 60 degrees. To make it more convenient, it is strongly recommended to sharpen the teeth on the one hand, and then proceed to similar actions on the other side. If you do everything that way, then, thanks to the movements of the same type, the whole process is carried out with greater ease.
When such a process is carried out, certain rules must be followed:
- It is best to do it alone, not communicating with other people. Any noise background should be excluded.
- All careless movements should be avoided, since any of them can become not only the cause of damage to the instrument, but also cause significant harm to health.
- If when cutting the saw goes to the side, then it means that the wiring of the teeth is uneven. This can be corrected by increasing the deviation of the teeth from the side into which the saw pulls.
How to sharpen a circular saw?
Circuit sharpening circular saws.
If we are talking about a circular saw, then the grinding should be started from the rear surface. The whole process is as follows:
- Sharpening the disc can be done right in the machine, or you can remove the disc from the machine.
- If sharpening is done by the first option, then it is necessary to unplug the plug from the outlet to prevent the consequences of starting the machine, and this can always happen.
- The disc must be under wedge, for this, thin wooden bars are put on both sides, they need to be pressed to the teeth.
- Marker marks the side of the tooth from which to begin grinding. Thus, there will be no errors at work.
- A mandatory condition for this process should be extreme accuracy.
Sharpening chainsaws and hacksaws
If we are talking about sharpening a chainsaw, then for this you should use 2 files: one is round and the other is flat.
To sharpen a hacksaw, you need to do the following: you need to take a file of the appropriate size.
First, pass them along one side of the hacksaw, then hold each tooth the same number of times. If necessary, the process must be repeated. Sharpening the saw so that it is well sawed is not difficult. Only need to use for this quality materials.Back to table of contents
The process of divorce saw teeth
Divorce teeth saws.
If you want to ensure the free movement of teeth, you must proceed to their divorce. Teeth should be bent in different directions in turn. The distance should be the same, and wiring should be used. The wiring tooth must be bent in the middle of its height. If the wiring is not at hand, then in this quality, you can use a wrench.
- If the saw is not sufficiently divorced, it must first be diluted. If you use for this specialized wiring, then this is not difficult. However, such a wiring in the free order may not be, so you can use for this conventional pliers.
- The saw must be clamped so that its teeth are directed upwards, the whole process along the blade must be visible, this is how all actions must be carried out.
- Every second saw tooth should be bent in different directions, and with each movement of the pliers should bend at an equal angle.
- If from the very beginning the layout is already present to some extent, then the main task is to increase it. This is especially true for large saws. If the tool is of small size (such tools are most often used for those works where increased accuracy is needed), then the factory layout in most cases is quite sufficient.
Now you know the main nuances when sharpening a saw. Good luck to you!