Band saw welding is a popular procedure. Bandsaw cutting technology has long been used in many woodworking industries, furniture factories and many other related enterprises.
Circuit band saw.
Their widespread use has gained popularity in various power-saw benches, belt and tape-dividing equipment. The band saw itself is a familiar to all continuously cutting surface, which has the shape of a circle, with pointed teeth along the entire perimeter. The process of making such a saw is as follows:
- Already finished tape with teeth give the form of a circle.
- Next, make the welding process for joining the ends.
Of course, it is the welding process that is of particular importance, since not only the quality of work and the machine’s health, but also the safety of the employees will depend on how well the saws are fixed.
Welding technology and fabric preparation for band saws
Schemes of installation of blanks and determination of the maximum cutting length.
This technology is divided into several stages, such as:
- Divorce the teeth of the saw.
After each of the stages, it is necessary to make a quality control, which will help eliminate all the shortcomings and shortcomings at the production stage. Before welding the saws, they must be carefully prepared so that the saw meets all stated requirements and can serve for a long time and efficiently. This process, in turn, is divided into operations such as:
- Saw blade cutting. It is necessary to cut off the necessary area of the web for further processing, as a rule, for this purpose use guillotine shears. In the case when such a machine is not available, you can cut the canvas using a standard cutting machine. If a welded web is used and it is supposed to repeat the welding process at this place in the future, then in this case it is necessary to cut off 5 extra millimeters from the place of the previous seam. In this case, it is necessary to take into account such a nuance as the cut line, which should pass strictly perpendicular to the back of the saw. The process of cutting the web is carried out between the tops of the teeth. From each boundary of the object it is necessary to skip a short distance of one and a half millimeters.
- Stripping ends. In order for welding of band saws to be as productive as possible, it is necessary to thoroughly clean them. To do this, clean all the dirt and unnecessary residues, if necessary, you need to use acetone or alcohol. After the web has been cleaned, it should be treated with abrasive material. Further processing is performed to remove all irregularities, roughness and burrs. In order to get rid of these shortcomings, you can use a sharpening machine.
Welding of band saws on the unit of the ASLP-18 model.
This is followed by welding of the saw, but it is first necessary to install it into the machine. In order to properly install the saw, you need to make sure that it is tightly fastened with a clamping mechanism. This mechanism is in the machine for welding band saws. It is very important that the edges of the web coincide and are located at an equal distance between the latches. Before choosing the mode and course of shrinkage, it is necessary to read the instructions for use of the device, which describes which parameters to choose for each type of metal. In order to set the desired mode, you need to make repetitions using the control handles.
Welding ribbon tape. To activate the device, you need to click on the appropriate button and turn the switch. After that, the current begins to feed the electrodes, which bring the metal to the melting temperature. The movable clamp serves to form a welding bead at the seam site. The worker standing on the machine must select the welding mode, automatic or manual. If automatic is selected, the time for supplying current will be about two seconds, in the second case it will be regulated by the worker himself.
If welding did not give the desired result or was performed poorly, it is necessary to record all the settings in the journal and henceforth do not use them for welding saw blades made of this type of metal. It is very important to check that the electrodes are in proper condition before starting the machine. To do this, make sure they are clean. If any materials are placed on them, this will lead to poor electrode contact with the material, which, in turn, will worsen the welding process itself.Back to table of contents
Equipment for band saws
The scheme of butt contact welding.
In a standard apparatus, the saw is welded in the following order: first, the blade is installed in the apparatus, then it is fixed with clamps, then accurately fed to the electrodes through which current passes. This process allows you to melt and weld the ends of both objects. It is also worth knowing that the current passes through the electrodes, which, in turn, are fixed with clamps. Today there are many brands and models of such devices, but conventionally they are classified into three types.
- Welding equipment with resistance. The main advantages of this equipment is quite low cost and small size. However, their performance is low, and it is designed only for a small amount of work and the release of a small batch of saws.
- Equipment for welding with reflow. Its performance is noticeably higher than that of previous devices, but the cost and dimensions have also become greater. Medium-class devices can be used for all types of canvases. It is very important that they can melt even bimetallic fabrics, which are often used for such products.
- Automated equipment for welding. This kind of equipment is installed in large workshops and factories, or in service centers. Its performance is very high, and the process is fully automated. The machine operator is only required to install the saws in the equipment and remove them after the welding process has been completed.
Saw processing after the welding process
After welding has been performed, the saw cannot be used for cutting wood yet; it must first be processed and prepared for operation. To do this, an operation to anneal the seam. After the fabric heats up and hardens during welding, it becomes more brittle. To eliminate this factor, the web is repeatedly subjected to the welding process. For this, the seam is cut off and a new one is applied with a small current, while the metal heats up a little again. Further, the canvas is gradually cooled, which gives it plasticity. This is followed by stripping the web.
To do this, on the site of the seam, all the released metal is removed, which is why the web becomes ideally smooth. This should give the saw the correct shape of the cavity, which is located between the teeth and the blade. To perform such an action, you can use a standard sharpening machine. One of the features is that all metals are difficult to weld. When carrying out the welding process it is necessary to understand that the seam is under extreme loads.
An important element of the saw is the teeth, which must be the correct form for effective operation.