The milling cutter is a metal device that has the form of a disc with a serrated edge. It is designed for processing wooden, metal, plastic surfaces. Often in life there are such situations when this tool is necessary for a circular, and there is no suitable option at hand. In this case, a homemade milling cutter on a tree can help. Made to the right size, it will solve the problem and take a worthy place among the main sawing attributes.
Table of the diameter of the cutter and the speed of rotation of the material being processed.
Self-made samples usually do not have bearings, for their full use need additional equipment. Cutters of a different order have similar elements, they can be attributed to professional devices. It’s not at all easy to make a cutting tool: for this, a material is carefully selected, the equipment is appropriate, and the manufacturing technology is studied.
The wood cutter “Dovetail” refers to one of the most common samples of tools that are actively used in furniture production. Such devices have a special shape that allows you to quickly cut holes, align spikes, make slats. Combinations resulting from the use of such a tool are distinguished by their accuracy, ergonomics and ease of assembly.
Depending on the types of application, the cutters are mounted and end. The first option is strengthened by means of the spindle of the device, the second has a tail part that allows you to fix the product in the chucks of machine tools or router-cutters of the manual type. Leaf species are most common. They are made of high quality steel, the cutting part is often alloyed.
Necessary attributes for work
To make such a saw on wood, you must prepare a number of tools in advance:
Wiring diagram of the router to the controller.
- electric sharpener;
- cutting wheel 4 mm thick;
- drill with a tip of hard alloys;
- diamond file of the semicircular form.
Using a cut-off circle, a disk is cut from the cutter's plate, the diameter of which corresponds to 78 mm. Do this once the action does not work, so it should be divided into several stages. Thus, an irregular polygon should gradually acquire the configuration of a circle without angles. Then you need to note the center of such homemade.
It is not recommended to carry out measures for hardening and heat treatment of the resulting sample at home. As a result, you can only worsen the performance of the cutter.Back to table of contents
The main stages of the work
Nozzles for milling cutters.
- To make a hole at the cutter exactly in the middle, it is necessary to make repeatedly the centering of the central groove with powerful, guiding blows, first on one side and then on the other. This is done to the point until visible cracks begin to appear around the center.
- Then the drill is taken with a carbide base. It allows you to easily and in the shortest possible time to make the desired hole in the center of the part. All sorts of nicks, burrs and minor irregularities can be removed with a semicircular diamond file.
- Following the drive is centered. It is installed and twisted on the surface of the machine. Slowly, rotating the disc with one hand, you should check the eccentricity. Its indicators more than 1 mm require using a rigidly fixed pencil to outline the exact contour of the circle. Such a sample will make an adjustment to the product configuration. Completion of the outer edge of the disc is carried out on the machine with the help of a grinding bar.
- Further, teething on the sharpener is performed with a cutting disc. The number of such small elements is approximately 20. To facilitate the work, the disk is marked with the appropriate number of labels. To get a semicircular shape of the pocket, you can round the bar. The angle of inclination of such slots corresponds to 30 degrees, their depth is 5-7 mm, which will help to guide the cutter.
To avoid jamming of the disc in the process of carrying out the cut, the wiring is made. This operation is carried out very carefully, the steel has a brittle base, as a result of which the tooth may break. An offset of the teeth by 0.5 mm will be sufficient.
Diagram of the router.
The main work on the manufacture of saws on wood carried out. To obtain a smoother base cutter in the process of its rotation on both sides of the bar slightly pressed, which will allow smoothing the outer edges of the teeth. Also, do not forget that the cutter requires periodic sharpening of the surface. Conducting such actions is associated with the use of cutting discs. It is worth a little pressure on the cutting toothed edge. The main purpose of such a milling cutter will be a cut of planks with a thickness of about 20 mm, but for 2 times you can cut wood up to 40 mm
To cut the wood turned out the most accurate, use hardened samples, the diameter of which corresponds to 62 mm. Their thickness can be 0.5 mm. In this case, they easily cut metal or plastic.
The cutter for wood, whose thickness is 0.5 mm, perfectly copes with the kerf perpendicular position.
Parallel, elongated cuts may slightly warp it. The best performance will be 0.8-1 mm in thickness. Increasing these factors leads to significant costs associated with materials and engine loads.
The recommendations and schemes of work outlined here will allow you to independently make mills for wood processing.