The construction level is a tool that is used in various jobs. Without it, no building construction is possible, repairs, even the installation of partitions and furniture is carried out only when using such equipment. The building level is available in various models, it can be laser, bubble, water. The choice depends on the convenience and scope of work. It is important not only to buy the tool correctly, but also to set it up. Rarely equipment is purchased in a ready-made form, except that the laser level can be used immediately after purchase. Therefore, the question of how to set up the equipment is paramount. Without setting up the work should not begin.
Construction levels are available in various models and modifications, they are laser, bubble, water, and all need to be adjusted after purchase.
Types of building levels
In order to properly perform the building level setting, you first need to decide what it will be. Manufacturers today offer:
The hydraulic level is the easiest to use at which water should be poured and it is ready to go.
- Hydro level (water) - this is the easiest option, which consists of two separate flasks connected with a hose. Its length is 5-25 m, while the scale is applied to the flasks for ease of use. This level does not need to be adjusted, it is used only for a horizontal surface. The cost of equipment is low, just such a tool is designed to customize other types of equipment.
- Bubble allows precise work. Externally, this is a plank of various lengths, which has three flasks filled with liquid (most often alcohol). The tool is used for vertical, horizontal measurements, but before starting work it must be customized.
- Magnetic is a device with magnetic inserts, it provides a high level of comfort when working with metal surfaces.
- Pipe has a small weight and compact size. Great for measuring pipes, profiles and other similar materials.
- Laser - is a modern, accurate equipment with a compact size. The range of the beam, through which the measurement is carried out, is 100 m. The design of the device may be different, most often it is mounted on a tripod, but there are also magnetic variations. The models themselves are presented in a large variety, it is possible to choose the option that is needed.
- Electronic laser instrument - digital equipment, special instructions are used to set it up. The cost of equipment is much higher, but at the same time its quality is excellent.
Vertical and horizontal checking
Bubble levels are a bar with three flasks, this level allows for precise work.
Verification and adjustment of the vertical can be carried out using a conventional plumb. First you need to mark the point yourself, drive a nail into it or twist a self-tapping screw. Further the thread with a plumb is attached to it. At the bottom and top there are 2 more screws screwed in, their caps should touch the thread, it should slide along their surface.
Screws should be placed in such a way that the caps have a parallel position to the ground level.
Then the level is put to the thread, the position of the bubble is inspected. If it is located in the center, then the level is set correctly, if not - you need to tweak it a little. If no manipulations on setting up a building level help, this is a defective tool, you cannot use it.
Pipe level is a type of bubble, designed to measure pipes.
Horizontal testing equipment begins with finding the perfect horizontal line, this will help the hydraulic level. You can buy it at any hardware store, the cost of equipment is low, but it can be used for various works in the future.
Check the horizontal level of construction as follows:
- The hydro level must be filled with water, the liquid in the flasks should be at the middle mark.
- Next, take 2 sheets of plain paper, attach them to the surface of the concrete wall with a building tape. Their position should be parallel, lines are drawn on the surface of the paper, to which the building level will then be applied.
- One flask is applied to the sheet, a mark is placed at its position. You can use a tripod to mount it. If the work is done by two, then the problem of fixing is solved even easier - the second person will hold the flask in the desired position.
- The second flask is applied to the sheet; the mark is made so that all the risks on the paper and the water marks are flush.
- A bubble level is applied, the position of the bubble is checked. If it is in the middle, then the level is set correctly. It does not need further configuration. If the bubble is displaced, then it is necessary to perform the adjustment of the building level.
Bubble Level Setup
To adjust the bubble level, you will need a spirit level; simple pencil; ruler; nail.
To establish the correct position at the bubble level, you must perform a preliminary adjustment. There is nothing complicated here, but all actions should be carried out in stages so that the setting is as accurate as possible, and in the future there will be no problems with applying the level.
That bubble level in the form of strips of various sizes is used most often. It is convenient to use, special knowledge is not required for use. To do the work you need to prepare not so much:
- bubble level building;
- spirit level;
- simple pencil;
- metal or wooden ruler;
To adjust the building level of this type, you must perform the following steps:
- You need to choose the most even surface, best at eye level, so that the setting is comfortable. Experts recommend doing work in the left corner of the room, choosing the section of the wall where it is convenient to work.
- From the corner it is necessary to retreat about 3-5 cm, drive a nail in such a way that it is clearly visible.
- The spirit level should be one side to lean against the nail, to rest against the wall, then you can put the building level. The line is drawn immediately. After that, the spirit level is put on the other end, the operation is repeated.
- If the lines are completely matched, it means that the tool is configured correctly. If the lines diverge, it means that the operation should be repeated or put a mark in the place where the two lines in the center end. Next is the dash, the level is applied by one side, the entire setting operation is repeated. It is in this position that the flask is twisted.
- The horizontal position is adjusted according to the same pattern as the vertical one.
The simplest tools are used to adjust the building level; usually no experience or complex actions are needed. It is necessary to follow the procedure, work carefully. Some types of levels in the configuration almost do not need. This applies, for example, laser, the work with which is extremely comfortable, but its cost is higher.