When performing various works on the improvement of the site, it is often necessary to produce a concrete solution. It is very difficult to mix it in a trough, at the same time it is almost impossible to achieve high quality of solution.
Scheme homemade concrete mixers from the barrel.
To significantly ease the work and improve the quality of the solution will help the manual concrete mixer. Such a unit will help to make quickly and efficiently any cement-sand mortar.
Electric concrete mixer circuit: 1 - barrel, 2 - blades, 3 - handle, 4 - frame, 5 - electric motor, 6 - gearbox, 7 - electric motor platform hinge loop, 8 - stopper.
Concrete mixer can be purchased at the hardware store, but they are expensive. If the amount of work is small and they are performed irregularly, then the best option would be a manual concrete mixer with your own hands.
For self-production of such a unit can be used the simplest materials. First of all, it is required to determine the required one-time productivity (about five buckets of the finished solution are enough for a manual concrete mixer). Then you need to prepare working sketches, necessary materials and tools.
The main working body of this unit is the drum. As the drum is best to use a metal barrel with a capacity of 100 to 200 liters.
To create a manual concrete mixer, you will need the following materials and tools:
Concrete mixer circuit.
- iron barrel (capacity from 100 to 200 l);
- metal corner 50x50 mm (or profile 40x40 mm);
- pipe with a diameter of at least 32 mm;
- metal rod with a diameter of about 50 mm;
- flanges with bearing holders;
- bolts with sheep M12;
- metal wheels with a diameter of about 15 cm;
- ball bearings with an inner diameter corresponding to the diameter of the axis;
- Door hinges;
- anti-rust paint;
- paint brush;
- welding machine;
The sequence of manufacturing concrete mixers
Work on the assembly of the hand mixer are made in the following sequence:
Barrel mounting scheme on racks: 1 - agitator shaft, 2 - suspension bearing, 3- concrete mixer shaft bearing, 4 - bearing housing, 5 - suspension.
- Water is poured into the barrel and it is checked for tightness. Detected slots and holes welded.
- Exactly in the center of the bottom of the tank is cut a hole under the shaft. A similar hole is drilled in the lid.
- On the side surface of the container a rectangular hole is cut in the size of 30x35 cm (a hatch for loading the mixture components and unloading the finished solution).
- One flange is welded to the bottom of the barrel.
- A bearing is put on one end of the mixer shaft. The shaft is inserted through the drum, the bearing is mounted in a flange welded to the bottom of the barrel.
- The shaft is welded at an angle of 120 °, with respect to each other, the blades are welded at least three. The length of the blades should be such that they do not reach the walls of the drum about 5 mm.
- A cap with a welded flange is put on the other end of the shaft.
- The lid is welded into the drum.
- A bearing is put on the shaft and fixed in the flange of the cover.
- The ease of rotation of the shaft in the body of the drum is checked, the blades are not touched behind its walls.
- Two designs are made of a corner in the form of a triangle, the span of the lower legs of which must be at least the width of the drum. The height of the triangle should be equal to the radius of the drum plus 50 cm (so that you can install a trough under the mixer).
- Both flanges are welded to the tops of the triangular support structures. On the one hand supports are fastened with corners.
- Two wheels are attached to the bottom of one support by welding, which allows the unit to be easily moved around the site.
- Hinges with a lid are welded to the loading opening of the drum, and bolts with lambs for closing the lid are on the opposite side.
- Two L-shaped handles about 60 cm long are made of the corner and the pipe (for rotating the mixer drum).
- The handles are welded from opposite sides to the mixer axis, one up, the other down (to prevent the concrete mixer from swaying as the shaft rotates).
- A stopper lever is welded to the drum to prevent the barrel from tipping over as it rotates. During the mixing of the solution, it stops, after the mixture has been mixed with it, the barrel body is rotated and the solution is discharged into the trough.
- The finished unit is cleaned of rust and dirt, then painted with anti-corrosion paint.
The operating principle of a manual concrete mixer
The necessary components and water are loaded into the inside of the drum through the loading door. The hatch is closed by a cover and densely attracted by lambs. After that, with the help of a handle, the shaft is started to rotate (preferably two people), the mixture loaded into the mixer is mixed with blades. After about three minutes of mixing, a portion of the mixture will be ready. The drum cover opens. With the help of the lever-stopper the container is turned, the ready solution is discharged into the trough.
A do-it-yourself-made manual cement mixer will greatly facilitate and speed up the preparation of the mortar and will save money.