A homemade crane from a jack will be useful in almost any garage and other places where from time to time there is a need to lift all sorts of goods.
A crane is needed on the farm for lifting heavy loads, for example, when repairing a car.
Such a lift without too much difficulty is assembled and installed by hand. The lifting is carried out directly by the staff of the jack. Familiarize yourself with the manual, and you can make a homemade crane without any problems, significantly saving money on the purchase of a ready-made factory-made unit.
Types of designs of homemade cranes
There are many different types and designs of homemade cranes from the jack.
So, for example, a single rack crane from a jack is usually used in the repair of cargo vehicles. The design of this unit is represented by one rack, which is used to move the four mounts for car wheels.
Back to table of contents
The most widely used two-rack cranes; Such designs are easy to assemble, install and use.
Construction Assembly Guide
Prepare the following:
- metal corners;
- iron pipes;
- sheet metal;
- reinforcing bars;
- welding machine;
- hacksaw for metal;
The ready crane will rise by efforts of an ordinary jack.
- Make a shoe for mounting the jack. The element is boiled from metal and iron rod 12 mm. The shoe should be able to move normally on the rack, so be careful when determining the dimensions of the structural elements.
- Make a rear beam. To do this you will need 4 corners. Assemble the elements in a square frame. Assemble using clamps.
- Insert inside the square an iron rod with a square section of 26x21 mm and a length of about 35 cm.
- Insert the electrical rivets into the holes created in advance. Clean the surface. As a result, you get a convenient collapsible site.
- Make a platform of sheet metal with a thickness of 4 mm. The dimensions of the site are 35x15 cm. Fold the sides of the metal sheet or weld a 2 cm wide strip to the tacks with previously created holes to secure the board. Attach a rubber strip to the board.
- Weld the rails, lintels and stiffeners under the bottom of the platform. Put the pad on the top beam.
- Make the connecting node of the sheet metal thickness of 3-4 mm. The element is made of 2 parts. Weld the metal strip 3-4 mm thick between the parts. Attach around the perimeter of the product. The front end must remain open. In the bottom element of the node, weld the jumper.
- Make a rack. To do this you will need metal corners. Assemble the corners in the design of a square shape. When assembling, use clamps.
- After connecting the corners, make a hole in the bottom of 26 mm at a distance of 31 mm from the edge. The remaining 0.5 cm will be used for welding inside the structure of the metal rod.
- After that, drill holes in 13 mm. Make the first at a distance of 10 cm, the second - after 8 cm, the next - after 19 mm. Sizes 8 and 19 mm should be repeated, respectively. Fingers will be mounted through these holes.
- Connect the finished square profile with the holes with the help of pieces of metal corners, also connected in a square-shaped profile.
- Insert 36 mm spacers between profiles at this point.
- After completing the welding work, allow the parts to cool completely without getting the spacers. Make sure that the top beam passes unhindered into the space between the two square profiles.
- Make the front knot. At this stage, you will need pieces of inch pipe, an iron rod and a corner.
- Take a corner about 33 cm long and place marks on its surface at a distance of 6 cm in each direction from the center. Cut the shelves to the edges of the left marks.
- At the center of the metal corner make a 16mm hole. With it, the lower beam will be connected. Bend the corner into the letter P.
- Next you need to connect the prepared parts with the rack. Control welding, do not burn the pipe.
- The front connector assembly is movable. That is, the U-shaped figure you created from a corner with pipes installed along the edges should rotate on an iron rod.
Assembling of the crane from the jack: 1 - portable lifting arm, 2 - jack, 3 - supporting rollers.
- At the finish stage you will have to make the top beam, the fingers and the bottom beam.
- For the manufacture of beams, assemble the corner into a U-shaped figure. On the one hand, weld a metal insert about 16 cm long in the center.
- Attach the plate to the top using tacks. Sew all the elements into one design. You will get a rectangular profile.
- Weld the insert with the plate. On the reverse side, shut the profile with a metal plate, then scald around the perimeter and clean it.
- Weld the sleeve to the center of the same end to mate with the rear node.
- Weld a pair of rails to the front edge of the top beam for the jack. Make a hole in them for the jack stopper. Insert 8mm bolts with nuts into the holes.
- Weld the hub with rollers to the upper part, as well as the hub for the protective finger.
- Make fingers from a steel rod 12 mm. Cut the workpiece to the size and bend. All you need is 3 fingers.
- Make the bottom nut. You will need a 32 mm corner and an M16 nut. Collect the corners in a square profile. Use pot holders and welding. At one end, weld the M16 nut, pre-tightening the bolt, so that the thread does not clog. This element will provide an articulation with the front node.
- From the opposite end, make a 12mm bolt hole 2 cm from the edge to the center. This element will provide a connection to the rear node.
At this assembly self-made crane finished. You can install the jack and use the unit for its intended purpose. Have a good job!