Officially, this device is called an industrial dust collector, because Its purpose is to clean up construction and industrial waste on a large scale. The choice of industrial vacuum cleaner depends primarily on the scope.
Construction vacuum cleaner is designed for cleaning construction and industrial debris.
If you plan to use the unit during finishing works in office and residential premises, then you get a low-power vacuum cleaner, while using the device in an industrial environment - at enterprises, manufacturing - use more powerful dust collectors that are able to clean not only dust and chips, but even small pebbles of gravel. Buying dust cleaning equipment, you must take into account the criteria by which the vacuum cleaner is suitable for your purposes.
How to choose a construction vacuum cleaner: general information
Classes of dust.
The first thing to do is to determine the nature of the garbage that will have to be removed. This is a very important point, because construction vacuum cleaner is not cheap. It is one thing to clean the room from dust produced by a grinder or grinder, and quite another to clean up waste, for example, after a wall chaser. Here the machine’s power plays a big role: the higher it is, the better the construction vacuum cleaner will remove large debris, and, moreover, it will last longer thanks to the power reserve. Pay attention to the body of the unit: for large debris suitable vacuum cleaner only with a metal, sturdy body (preferably stainless steel).
In the manufacture of industrial vacuum cleaner manufacturers take into account the nature of the cleaned pollution, therefore, classified products into classes corresponding to a certain level of garbage:
- L: the device is designed for garbage collection with a low degree of contamination;
- M: for garbage with an average level of danger (concrete, as well as wood dust, while the degree of transmission of the filter is 0.1%);
- H: for cleaning pollution with a high level of danger (carcinogenic, asbestos dust with the presence of pathogenic bacteria, the level of filter transmission - 0.005%);
- ATEX: to eliminate explosive dust.
Characteristics of the power unit
Characteristics of a construction vacuum cleaner.
The power consumption of the construction vacuum cleaner directly depends on the power of the motor. Therefore, the choice of construction vacuum cleaner is always associated with the volume of work to be done. If a household unit has an average power of 300-500 W, then industrial designs have a capacity of at least 1.5 kW. Some models are even equipped with two motors, for example, 1.2 kW each. When making a choice of the unit, look at:
- degree of dilution (indicated in bars or Pascals);
- air capacity (measured in l / min or cube / h);
- the speed with which the turbine rotates (for expensive industrial designs, it can reach up to 30,000 rpm).
If the unit is needed to eliminate liquid contaminants, then its motor and other electrical components must be reliably isolated from moisture. When buying, do not forget about spare electric brushes: a quality engine lasts much longer than they do. And one more thing - the noise, which is indicated in the performance characteristics of the product (measured in decibels).Back to table of contents
The general principle of operation of industrial vacuum cleaners is the same: when the motor is turned on, it creates a vacuum and the air, along with the debris, is drawn into the container, then passes through the filtration system and goes outside. There are 3 main ways of filtering, each of them has pros and cons:
Filtering circuit construction vacuum cleaner.
- Using a special cloth (or paper) bag, which, as it is filled, must be emptied of garbage. A bag of matter is well suited for cleaning large particles, but is not suitable for trapping dust. Paper capacity is suitable for collecting small debris, dust, but is afraid of sharp particles.
- "Cyclone": the method involves the use of centrifugal force, under the influence of which the garbage is placed in the filter container. This filtering method is more often used in units intended for cleaning wet contaminants.
- Aqua-filter: the method of filtering with its use consists in the direction of the drawn air flow through the tank with foamed water, where the largest particles remain, and small debris goes further - into the separator. This cleaning method is considered universal, because involves the use of a multi-stage system, but there is also a minus: considerable amounts of water are constantly required.
We should not forget that during operation, periodic cleaning of the fine filter is required. It is best to do it with a special comb to do without disassembly. Some modern models have a button; when pressed, the device is shaken, a powerful air flow goes in the opposite direction, cleaning the filter.Back to table of contents
The layout of vacuum cleaners
If the construction vacuum cleaner is needed only for domestic purposes, then you can choose a vacuum cleaner with a small container for garbage.
Here you must first look at the capacity of the tank for collecting garbage, which can reach 50-60 liters. If you do not need so much, then you can buy battery models, equipped with containers of 8-10 liters with a unit weight of only 5-7 kg. To move the device, almost all mobile models have wheels. If the model is not heavy (up to 10 kg), then the turning wheels of the piano type are used. For heavier units, the designers provide frame trolleys with rubber wheels, and some models may have a brake.
Most industrial vacuum cleaners are equipped with all kinds of handles that can be on top, bottom, side: it is worth paying attention to if the vacuum cleaner is planned to be moved and transported frequently. It is also important to look at the adapters and adapters that come in the kit. Some models have the ability to communicate between 2 units: for example, when the grinding machine is turned on, the vacuum cleaner is immediately turned on, sucking dust during grinding. It is possible that some accessories will have to be purchased separately, because The basic kit usually includes:
Complete set of the construction vacuum cleaner.
- hose 7-6 m;
- knee adapter;
- adapter for tools;
- dust collectors, filters;
- several nozzles.
Not bad, if your vacuum cleaner will be equipped with additional nozzles for draining water, which simplifies maintenance. The same applies to the sockets, designed for the storage of equipment, and to a strong power cable.Back to table of contents
Features of operation
Connecting the industrial vacuum to the network, remember that this will require a special outlet, designed for high power. However, if the vacuum cleaner consumes a little (less than 2 kW) and you have the appropriate fuses or circuit breakers, then you can use special adapters to connect to a normal network.
If you intend to use an industrial vacuum cleaner turned on for a long time, then you should take a closer look at the devices having an autonomous cooling system. If your unit has a built-in socket on the case for connecting the power tool, always pay attention to its power: it should not exceed that recommended by the manufacturer of the vacuum cleaner.
When buying a unit, make sure that the design provides for blocking (alarm) when filling the container or bag with trash to the limit.