Among the multitude of various tools, a device with which you can hammer staples and small nails is in rather great demand. Such a tool is called Teker. In the people its other name was fixed - the stapler. Often the words “building”, “furniture” are added to this name. The construction stapler of various designs is applied by professional builders and house craftsmen. This tool holds various parts together with special staples and nails of various sizes and shapes.
A construction stapler is used to fasten various parts.
It is very convenient to use large-sized staples in the work. The fastener occurs simultaneously at 2 points, the part is held much stronger than that attached by a single nail. The crossbar staples captures and holds the part more securely than the nail head. The stapler is able to drive nails up to 32 mm in size and up to 1.6 mm thick. Staples are very similar to staples stationery staplers, only larger and more powerful. They have legs of different lengths for fixing various building and furniture upholstery materials. They are attached to the fabric, plastic siding, plywood, fiberboard, cable.
Any stapler has its advantages:
Device construction pneumatic stapler.
- the tool allows you to save time and effort;
- you can work only with one hand;
- You can do the work in an uncomfortable position while on the woods, on the lines, on the stepladder;
- there is no risk of damage to the workpiece;
- the ability to use different consumables;
- equipment reliability;
- big durability of the tool;
- simplicity of device and operation;
- use of anti-corrosion consumables;
- safety when doing work.
Instructions for use
To work correctly with a stapler, it is enough to follow the requirements and recommendations of the following instruction:
Electric stapler operates on line voltage.
- The professional construction stapler works due to a powerful spring. The spring is driven by a special trigger lever in the form of a handle. There are tools with an electric mechanism. They get energy from the network or from the battery. A network connection ensures that the tool runs throughout the day. A battery charger needs to be recharged periodically.
- The construction stapler is not equipped with any fuse protection from stapling overhang. Therefore, with careless work, you can injure your assistant or yourself by shooting in the leg or arm. As protection can serve as a bracket fixing the trigger handle. Otherwise, there are no special rules for using the tool. You just need to mark the line indicating the installation location of brackets or nails. Staples are driven in along this line. To pull a staple or a nail, you need to use a special tool that resembles ticks.
- Before work the tool needs to be charged. For this, a special magazine-cassette is provided in which staples or nails are put. Each model has different stapler and charging system is slightly different. When buying a tool, the seller must show the charging method. In any case, staples are sold in packs of 1000-5000 pieces. In the cassette is inserted from 80 to 100 pieces.
The device of the pneumatic stapler assumes that the staple is not driven in with the help of compressed air energy.
A construction stapler is a fairly versatile tool. With it, furniture is upholstered in furniture workshops. This can be done at home. Covering the frame of the garden greenhouse with plastic wrap - the task for such a tool is quite feasible. The tool is available in several versions:
Each of these devices has its own individual properties. One of the properties - the depth of the bracket. It ranges from 4 to 14 mm. These brackets charge household tools. For furniture upholstery, 8 mm is enough; for other works, a different size is needed. The most common brackets are type 53. This type has the following characteristics:
- material thickness for manufacturing - 0.7 mm;
- the width of the bracket - 11.4 mm;
- depth (leg length) - 4-14 mm.
Some types of tools use staples of type 140. They have the following dimensions:
The device is a mechanical stapler.
- thickness - 1.2 mm;
- width - 10.6 mm;
- depth - 4-14 mm.
When buying staples you need to remember how your stapler works. Semicircular brackets of type 36 are used to fasten the cable. Type 300 is nails. Staples of any type can be simple and hardened. Simple well driven into the wood. For glued wood and plywood, for hardboard and chipboard it is better to use hardened brackets.
Staplers of some models may have adjustable impact strength. Usually these are the tools that are able to shoot staples of 14 mm. Rotating a special regulator, compress the working spring of the instrument or release it. Any tool is professional and domestic. Construction stapler is no exception.
The professional version differs from the domestic one by its resource. It is about 10 times longer than the tool life for household use. Their price is also significantly different from each other. Household tools are distinguished by the quality of the products of Zubr, Fit and Stayer. Quality professional devices produced by the company Rapid from Sweden. They have a 2 year warranty. All these tools are much more convenient than a hammer and nails. The speed of work is many times higher, while only one hand is occupied, the other can support the material.Back to table of contents
Tool selection rules
A mechanical stapler drives in staples due to the physical efforts of a person.
To choose the right construction stapler you need to define the following points:
- The execution of the task.
- Staple type.
- Main characteristics.
For the correct and error-free choice, you need to decide exactly what a stapler is for. For rare use at home and for work in production, the tool is needed completely different.
You need to carefully familiarize yourself with the different types of products, with their advantages and disadvantages, and then select the tool that best meets your requirements.
Be sure to examine all the parameters of the product, its performance characteristics. Pay attention to the presence or absence of additional functions, inquire about the materials from which the stapler is made. It is necessary right in the store to check the force of impact on a piece of chipboard. Or simply to pay attention to the fact with the brackets how long the tool can work. If there are devices that work with brackets with dimensions of 4-8 mm and 4-14 mm, then the option of 4-14 mm should be preferred.
It is advisable to look and compare prices for similar products in other outlets and choose the most advantageous option of the ratio between quality and price of products.Back to table of contents
Advantages and disadvantages of different types of tools
Types of staples construction stapler.
Any type of tool has its own characteristics.
The mechanical stapler.
- low price;
- rarely breaks down due to simplicity of construction;
- greater mobility;
- requires some physical effort;
- The speed of work is rather low.
- no physical effort required;
- work speed is much higher;
- sufficiently high power device.
- tool price is higher;
- a source of electricity is constantly required;
- the range of the device is limited by the length of the electrical wire;
- considerable weight of the device.
The classic bracket is U-shaped, its width is 11.3 mm, and its height is a variable parameter.
- speed of work is very high;
- high power.
- the compressor required for operation increases the total weight, size and price of the equipment;
- most often used as a fixed installation.
The mechanical version of the tool is the most popular with buyers. A simple device consisting of a body, a powerful spring and a trigger lever. The spring is compressed by mechanical force, then straightens and clogs the bracket.
Elektrostepler refers to professional devices. It is very easy to work with, as the spring is compressed with the help of an electric drive. The product has a great impact force and high speed. Only electric cord interferes, especially when working outside, on the roof of a building. He can bend over, break. It is required to constantly monitor the reliability of its insulation. The weight of the instrument is quite significant, as is its price.
A kind of electric bike - a battery tool. It is more autonomous, convenient to perform work at height. The battery charge lasts quite a long time.
The pneumatic stapler also applies to professional equipment. All work is done at the expense of compressed air energy. The disadvantage is the need for a compressor. Its presence leads to an increase in the cost of installation. Such equipment is used almost exclusively in production.Back to table of contents
Some tool makers
Good electrical tools are manufactured by:
The quality of the products of these manufacturers is time tested. They have a good price-quality ratio.
A stapler is a tool that is convenient to use when hauling furniture, when covering wall surfaces with various materials.
The tool is easy to use, it is very easy to operate and maintain.
His job is to drive staples or nails in the right places. For the home workshop you need to choose a multifunctional tool, with a long service life, with the ability to work with brackets of different sizes. For home use, it is quite sufficient to purchase an inexpensive mechanical apparatus that works with brackets of 4-14 mm.