Chainsaws are a very expensive and necessary tool. They are indispensable in the economy, if you have your own house and garden. It is so easy and pleasant to do work without making a lot of effort. Chainsaw when working properly economically able to expend fuel. Therefore, to think that it is better to do everything with an ordinary hacksaw does not make sense, if you have a choice: to use a conventional or high-quality chainsaw.
Diagram of the chainsaw prong device.
But a chainsaw tends to get blunt. Therefore, it is necessary to periodically sharpen its chain. But where to sharpen a chainsaw chain? You will have two options: take the saw to a special workshop or do it yourself.
How to determine in time the need to sharpen the chain?
Sharpen a chainsaw can be in different ways. But it is very important to know when it should be done. Many people, using a chainsaw, completely do not understand at what point it becomes necessary to sharpen it. As a result, this becomes the main reason why the position of the star mechanism and the tire is disturbed, the gas mileage increases several times, and the quality of cutting gradually decreases, losing its former clarity.
For these reasons, it is necessary to determine in time when it is necessary to do a sharpening so that the tool does not deteriorate further. To do this, there are several main defining features that can be seen in the nature of the work, and in its result. So, to such signs include:
Chainsaw chain sharpening file.
- The nature of the resulting shavings. As a rule, chips over time, when the chain begins to dull significantly, becomes noticeably darker than usual. In this case, its pieces can become either much smaller, or much larger (depending on the type of tool).
- Significant job difficulty. This is obtained by reducing the performance of the tool. As a result, it becomes harder and harder for them to work. With skillful use of a chainsaw should not give significant fatigue.
- Big time consuming to work. When a noticeable blunting of the chain occurs, the time spent cutting something increases several times. So in the end, you may need a lot more time even to cut non-rigid and relatively thin material.
- Quite often, dulling is visible even with the naked eye. In such cases, the teeth of the chainsaw chain become slightly rounded where they should be sharp and shiny. And if you touch them with your hand, then you absolutely will not feel any sharpness.
- Reinforce feed in rez. As a rule, a well-sharpened chain is quite easily retracted into the cut. But when she becomes stupid, it becomes very difficult to pull her into a cut. Sometimes even the first time may even fail, in the end you have to spend some time.
- In addition to chips, a gradually dulled chain of chainsaws may even contain fine dust along with vertical sharp particles that resemble thin needles. Often this becomes the first sign that a tool needs to be sharpened.
The scheme of wood planing tooth chainsaw.
Today, there are two of the most common methods where sharpening a chainsaw chain is best.
This is a sharpening of the tool on the machine and with the help of a special set, which contains round as well as flat files, a stand for ease of operation, a hook that will promptly clean the cavity from sawdust.
Both tools are good, but the sharpening technique is somewhat different.Back to table of contents
Use of special sharpening machines
So, first consider the first way how to sharpen a chain of chainsaws on different machines. They are automatic (electric) and manual. These devices must be used when the chain of chainsaws are already heavily running and requires a thorough restoration. After all, ordinary files here will not cope.Back to table of contents
First, consider how to sharpen a chain of chainsaws on hand-held machines. The work of such machines is based on the so-called bow saw, which is always installed on top. Just she sharpens each of the teeth of the tool. At the same time, it is interesting that absolutely all the teeth are adjusted precisely to each other, so that later the work proceeds most smoothly. And for the control is usually chosen the most good prong. Moreover, the grinding machine itself does this automatically.
Forms of tooth chainsaws.
The process of sharpening itself is performed using the same type of movements at each site. There should be three such movements. If you are working on a manual mechanism, rather than an automatic one, then after the first sharpening section, you do not need to redo the settings, they should remain the same, so that subsequent sections will be sharpened according to the same principle. In this case, special attention should be paid to work with the limiter, which is made already at the end of the work on sharpening. Before you sharpen it, you must not forget to change the round file type to a flat one. When working with an automatic machine, this is usually not required, since everything happens on the machine.Back to table of contents
Work with automatic machine
Sharpen chain chainsaw can be and automatically. It would seem that here you can still come up with, because everything is done by itself? This is partly the case. The angle and settings are set by themselves, and in some of the most advanced models even have a vice, which in the right places automatically clamp the chain so that it does not escape. But there are some tricks in the process of sharpening the chainsaw chain.
The sharpening machine is fixed on the saw blade and 2-3 teeth are sharpened with 2-3 longitudinal movements.
- Before installing the chain in the machine, you first need to slightly loosen the screw, and set the chain itself so that its teeth look towards the grinding stone. This will simplify the work of the machine, as a result you will be able to do all the work in one go.
- Always check that the selected sharpening angle is sharp. As a rule, it is always visible immediately to the eye. It is important not to be mistaken with polarity: if the circuit is right-sided, then the same polarity is chosen. When the left-side chain, respectively.
- During sharpening, if the automatic machine does not change the polarity itself, you will need to sharpen through one tooth. But to make it faster and easier, first sharpen all the odd teeth, and then all the even ones.
- Never place the chain so that in the end the sharpening is very deep. Of course, initially it will not affect the quality of sharpness of teeth. But only they will eventually become weaker, which can lead to serious damage to them.
- The most important point is the processing chain chainsaw after sharpening. First you need a dry cloth to shake off all the dust and existing debris, then put the chain in a container with oil (it is better to use the most ordinary machine) for about 2-3 hours. After that, you can safely use the tool in the work.
These subtleties are applicable not only for an automatic machine, but also for a manual one. Therefore, before doing the work of sharpening any of the machines, you need to carefully familiarize yourself with all of this and not to forget later.Back to table of contents
Use a special set for sharpening
Now it is advisable to consider the process of sharpening the saw with a special set.
This job will be a little more time consuming than working on a machine tool. But not everyone has the opportunity to use the machine. Especially since the set is much cheaper. Consider the main points that must be followed in this difficult at first glance case.Back to table of contents
Highlights in the work
Set for sharpening chainsaws: round and flat files, template, hook for cleaning sawdust.
- If you look closely, you will see special circles on the ground. Here they just serve as the main guideline, which will determine the correctness of the position when sharpening. Accordingly, the base and the teeth are compared to these lines.
- It is always necessary to carefully monitor that the plate rests fully on the sharpening depth limiter together with the very upper edge of a single tooth. At the same time, the file itself, although round, although flat, should be placed under the cutting edge.
- Before the main process it is very important to fasten the tire well and ensure a good fit to the base. As a rule, the degree of fit depends on the specific situation. The diagram (Figure 1) shows more clearly how to ensure such a situation.
- After every approximately 3 cloves, you need to further undercut the limiter for the cut. At the same time during the process of grinding it is necessary to choose only one side, in which and move the tool all the time. If this is not followed, then the work will not be of high quality.
- During operation, you need to monitor the position of the files. Ideally, about a fifth of the file should protrude slightly above the cutting edge. This will provide the most productive chain sharpening for a chainsaw in this way.
- Try to work in such a way that the same number of rotations is performed on each individual tooth. In this case, the pressure on the files should also be kept as equal as possible. Then the length of the teeth as a result of sharpening will also remain the same. But if due to inexperience something went wrong, and some teeth were different in length, it makes sense to align them all by the size of the smallest of them.
- It is very important that the height of the limiter and the angle of the cutting link fully correspond to each other. This can be accurately determined solely by the instructions that are attached to the instrument. As a rule, depending on the specific sets and types of saw teeth, the instructions may vary.
- And the last rule. Due to the fact that the files are good for sharpening cost a lot of money, it is important to work with them as carefully as possible. Therefore, in order to avoid one-sided wear, turn the stones from time to time when working. And it will be more convenient for you to work, and as a result, the files will last much longer.
The pattern of grinding the depth limiter.
Considering that not everyone is able to work with the sharpening kit, especially if there is not enough experience in this matter, it makes sense to further consider the basic procedure for working. This will help you get your bearings:
- Install the chain brake and its tight clamp.
- Template installation. At the same time it is necessary to fix it as much as possible. Moreover, you need to make sure that the tips of the tires are indicated by arrows drawn or embossed on the pattern.
- Marking the first tooth for sharpening, which will act as a control element.
- The direction sharpened in the right direction and the work of work from himself.
- Removing the control teeth by changing the round file to a flat one.
So, the instruction for sharpening the chainsaw chain and where to sharpen the chainsaw chain are considered. It should be borne in mind that their cost and complexity significantly differ from each other. Therefore, before sharpening, you must first weigh everything well.
You can make a small result. If the chainsaw chain is not too expensive for you, and the teeth do not require thorough grinding, then it is better to use sharpening kits. In the case of a strong blunting of the teeth of the chain, it is better to use sharpening on the machine.
But experts still do not recommend immediately undertake to sharpen the chain of an expensive chainsaw, if you do not have relevant experience. After all, to spoil the material is quite easy, especially if the teeth are soft, and sharpening is done very intensively. Therefore, it makes sense in some cases even to work first with a specialist.