In the process of drilling recesses, a situation often arises in which it is not easy to get perfectly smooth corners. How to drill a perpendicular hole of a certain depth? To do this, use the advice of experienced craftsmen. They offer several ways out of this situation.
Tools for drilling holes.
Virtually no such carpentry, in which would not be used drill and fasteners. During the drilling process, you should be aware of the important principles of this activity:
- it is necessary to drill a hole only at a given point;
- the hole has a fixed size;
- at the time of drilling the tool should be at a right angle.
If all of these requirements are clearly met, we can talk about success in the work:
- use of special drills;
- a clear consolidation of the material will help to secure the work and noticeably facilitate it;
- uniform pressure on the drill.
So, for this purpose, you can use a wooden bar of a square shape, strongly press a drill with a drill to its base and perform the desired action.
Another method is also associated with the use of a homemade device, only it has the shape of the letter "T" with an internal angle of 90 degrees.
Ways of drilling: incomplete holes in the products in pairs (a); using an attachment plate (b); in - holes in the corner; g - in the planes located at an angle; d - on a cylindrical surface; e - in hollow parts.
The drill is placed in one of these points and placed on the label, after which drilling is performed. Taking into account the length of the drilling device, the depth of the groove is determined.
To get an accurate hole at a right angle, you can use a guide. Its strictly fixed position will allow to avoid mistakes, deviations from a given angle. Separate versions of such tool help to make grooves not only vertically, but also at observance of other corners.
The nozzle has a depth limiting device, adjustable by a stopper and a spring. The acquisition of such a tool will save from damage to blanks, furniture.
It is possible to drill a deep hole in a perpendicular sample using a special tool, a conductor. Moreover, such events are held not only on a flat basis, but also on the rounded parts of the blanks, in the corner points.
Components of the conductor:
- Kern, allowing you to make markup for the drill.
- Stencil made of plastic.
- The guide bushings in the amount of 6 pieces, the diameter of which corresponds to 4 mm, 5 mm, 6 mm, 8 mm, 10 mm, 12 mm.
Features of the position of the conductor for drilling in different parts of the workpieces
The technology of drilling holes in the pipe with the help of the conductor.
- For rounded parts, a notch without corners is used, located on the bottom of the device.
- In the corner points and on the cylinders should use the V-shaped element that comes in the kit.
- To fix the middle end line of the part, you need to install 2 nails in the corresponding grooves in the corner points of this device. The jig rotates so that the fasteners are connected to the edge of the element. The central part of the sleeve, intended for drilling the hole, is placed in the middle of the end part of the part.
To mark the center point of the groove is taken core.
- Place the named element in the middle of the hole and fix the stencil on it.
- Put the bushing on this column with the expanding part upwards, its diameter corresponds to 4 mm, and insert it into the template. Such a part should be centered and pressed with a clamp to the material.
- Remove the core along with the sleeve from the template, which should not move.
- The guide sleeve is placed in the stencil of a certain section.
- With a drill, a hole of a certain depth is made.
Making a homemade device
Devices for drilling wood: a - the use of the stop for drilling holes in round blanks; b - the use of the stop for drilling holes in the vertical plane; c - template for drilling the butt and the plane of the workpiece: 1 - the workpiece; 2 - template; 3 - holes in the template; 4 - a clamp with which the template is attached.
In practice, drilling a groove at a right angle can be very difficult. Often, for this, many masters use special devices. However, these options are often intended for specific types of drilling equipment. Some are suitable for hand drills with seats for additional handles, and others - for cordless.
There are also universal options, but they are expensive. For people involved in the manufacture of furniture, without this device is indispensable. For a person who makes something in rare cases, the cost will be quite high.
Such an assistant can be made independently from the remnants of chipboard. The initial preparation of such a device looks like stuffed bars on the basis of this material.
Here you need to drill holes later to help the drill find the right point and angle of inclination. A small part of the material is set end to the main panel.
Before assembling the device, it is worth making a mark for 3 holes with different sections.
Options for using a drill guide for drilling.
Take 3 screws, the diameter of which corresponds to 5 mm, 6.3 mm and 7 mm. According to these sizes, grooves are drilled in 3.5 mm, 4 mm and 4.5 mm.
Next, the device is going. The holes for the first holding component are drilled, which is immediately fixed. A groove is made for the other holder. At the time of drilling between these two parts, a chipboard block is put to create more accurate results for the second element. A device made by yourself should be strong and should not go in all directions.
Such a device will allow to make grooves only as a drilling device for creating a right angle in the front part of the panel. An additional fixture is made from this material to center the drill and drill a hole. To do this, 3 pieces with a diameter of 3.5 mm, 4 mm and 4.5 mm are drilled in the chipboard bar. Further marks on the prepared panels are fixed, the drill should go through the object, a groove is planned.
Once the marking is done correctly, the device should be lowered onto the panel, the drill should be installed, observing the right angle. Now you can drill.
Similarly, grooves are made in the end part. The drill goes through the helper, a hole is marked, the design is firmly connected to the side of the manufactured object, after which the drill can be started.Back to table of contents
Practical recommendations of specialists
The drilling pattern of the concrete wall.
In order to drill only vertically during the drilling process, use a square. It is placed strictly at right angles, in the same parallel with the drill.
Regular joinery work involves the acquisition of a special stand, it will keep the power tool perpendicular. The rack allows you to control the depth of the grooves.
For a strong fixation of a wooden bar, you should use a vise or a workbench. Holding the material in the hand is completely unsafe: at the time of processing, the dry base can crack and crack, injuring the master.
To ensure the smoothness of the entrance groove, it is recommended to place under the base any rest of the board that can be thrown away later. You can drill the product. This technique is well suited for flat surfaces.