Today pipes from propylene almost completely replaced metal in bathroom equipment. In addition to strength and durability, they are not subject to corrosion. Also resistant to high temperatures and significantly reduce the sound of water in the pipes, and the prices of propylene pipes are quite acceptable. They are used for both hot and cold water supply, and dismantling them is very simple.
The scheme of polypropylene pipe with aluminum coating.
Installation of propylene pipes can be done almost anywhere: in the attic, in the walls, under the floor. With proper soldering, they will last for many years without additional repair.
For a positive result of your work, it is advisable to study the instructions in which the rules and sequence of soldering propylene pipes are indicated.
So, for soldering propylene pipes with your own hands you will need to have the following tools and materials:
The device for the soldering of polypropylene.
- Propylene pipes. The main point to consider when buying propylene pipes is the diameter of those used before the shift. So you can avoid problems when soldering.
- Welding machine ("iron"). This device is easy to use, lightweight, powered by electrical power. When buying a welding machine, make sure that special heating nozzles of different diameters are available, as well as instructions that describe the temperature for each individual case.
- Cutter. He will need for cutting pipes. Sometimes this tool is sold with a soldering iron.
- Measuring tape, marker and gloves.
If you have no experience, but you still decided to make a soldering with your own hands, it is better to purchase the material necessary for working with a small margin - propylene pipes, adapters, wiring. Manually, you can weld pipes with a diameter of up to 40 mm, and for working with larger material (from 50 mm) it is better to use an assembly tool. The main thing in this business is that the surface of the internal seams remain passable (especially when soldering parts of small diameters).
If the propylene pipes are overheated, it is possible to get excess filling of the material inside, which will contribute to the closure of the hole. To do this, after the seam has cooled, do not forget to check the new pipe carefully - flush the water through it.Back to table of contents
Instructions for soldering pipes of propylene do it yourself
First of all, you need to make a detailed scheme in which the placement of tools, such as taps, filters, tees, turns, should be marked.
This scheme will help to do the work without any problems.
The goal of assembling propylene pipes with your own hands is to connect the ends of two heated elements, tightly pressing them into each other.Back to table of contents
Stages of soldering and installation
The scheme of soldering pipes made of polypropylene.
- Turn on the soldering iron and heat it up to about 270 ° C.
- It is desirable to clean premeasured and cut propylene pipes, removing all irregularities.
- It is necessary to make tags on the ends of the pipes with your own hands. This can ensure their accurate entry into your heating apparatus.
- At the nozzle of the soldering apparatus we put on propylene pipes, as well as connecting nozzles. Make sure that the parts do not heat up in an uneven position, otherwise the soldering will be of poor quality. This will adversely affect the work of the plumbing system.
- The pipes are heated from the outside, but the necessary elements of the connection are from the inside. In another case, the connection may simply fall apart due to fragility.
- After melting the ends of the fittings and pipes, we draw this material out of the heating nozzles. Then we connect, having pressed on pipes a little. Gently press them into each other.
Soldering is convenient to do, if the elements with which they work, are located in a horizontal position. Otherwise, assistance may be needed, since the spike in an upright position is a more labor-intensive process.
Make sure that the propylene pipes and fittings are very even. No need to scroll through the parts, otherwise the seam will not be strong.
After fitting the parts, try to hold them in a static position for a couple of minutes. When the seam is completely cooled, you will see that the joint is solid.
The process of work itself is not really difficult, however, if you are not confident in your abilities, it is better to call for help from a master or knowledgeable friends. But the acquired experience will allow in the future not only to help his friends, but also simply to give advice and share the proven method of soldering propylene pipes with his own hands.