Technical hairdryer, heat gun, blower, heat gun, building or industrial hair dryer - all these are the names of one popular instrument. It is affordable, convenient, compact, easy to operate.
The construction of the building dryer.
The heat gun is a device that works by the flow of heated air. Externally, it looks like an electric drill or an electrophore for hair. In the middle of the instrument are located electrospiral and a fan that blows heated air. The building hair dryer is a blowtorch substitute that does not need fuel.
This tool is used to peel off an old coating from doors, walls, ceilings, to scrape off old paint, to defrost frozen plumbing, to bend and connect plastic pipes, to cut wood, to weld films, wherever limited heating is needed.
Features of operation of the tool
Use construction dryer need to carefully. He, like all power tools, can be traumatic if it is not properly operated. Therefore, when working with him you need to adhere to some rules:
It is necessary to work with a building hairdryer only in a well-ventilated area.
- work with a hairdryer only in a well-ventilated room;
- remove all flammable objects from the workplace;
- while working, the head of a person using a hairdryer should not be at the level of the instrument.
- Before work, the new hairdryer should first work for 10-15 minutes at low speed;
- It is forbidden to immediately turn on the hair dryer at maximum power;
- air intake grilles should not be closed, as the tool will overheat and it will fail;
- working with a heat gun, it is necessary to take a break every 15 minutes;
- the temperature and rate of blowing is chosen according to the work being done;
- When turning on or turning off the heat gun for 2-3 minutes, it is necessary to allow it to work for nothing at low speed, so that the coil is heated or cooled slowly, which will prolong the life of the tool.
The mode of operation of the dryer is specified in the instructions, it is not recommended to violate it. The frequency and duration of breaks for different models of the tool is different and is also usually indicated in the instructions. The temperature and power flow for different works must be selected according to the manufacturer's recommendations.
It is impossible to prevent dust from falling on the electrospiral, so it will quickly fail.
Contact of the technical dryer with water is strictly prohibited. Failure to comply with this rule can lead to serious consequences, even death.Back to table of contents
Choosing a building hair dryer
The choice of the model of the heat gun depends on the work to be done, the frequency of use and the skill of the person who will use the tool.
For different types of work different nozzles for the construction hair dryer are used.
- The first thing you need to pay attention to when choosing a tool is its power. It ranges from 1000-2500 watts. High power is needed if you work with the tool often and professionally, with rare use of a hair dryer, you can limit yourself to a small amount of power.
- The second point - temperature control. Standard models have 2-3 temperature switching modes. In expensive hair dryers, there is a smooth transition that allows you to set the required temperature for heating a particular material.
- Pay attention to whether it is possible to control the air temperature and cold flow. This will keep the selected temperature regime during the whole work, as well as quickly cool the material, not waiting for it to cool itself.
- In accordance with the work for which the heat guns are taken, the nozzles for it are also selected. Used nozzles play an important role. Usually the standard kit consists of four attachments, each for individual work. Flat need to eliminate old tapestries, films, putty or paint. Round nozzles will be needed when soldering pipes, glass protection - to work with glass. Cutting nozzles are used to cut foam. After using the nozzles, let them cool down because they are made of thin materials and heat up quickly. If you put a hairdryer with a hot nozzle on the work surface, then the latter can deteriorate. To avoid this, you must have a special metal stand.
- Himself thermo when working too hot. Therefore, we must think about security. The casing on the tip will relieve from accidental contact with the heated nozzle.
- If you need to warm up any surface for a long time, a heat gun with a closed handle will fit, otherwise you can burn yourself with hot air reflected from the surface. This handle can also protect against splashes of melted material.
- Need to look at the design of the dryer. It will be good if it can be put vertically on the handle. It will be the way, when you need to free your hands or relax.
Paint removal and wood surface treatment
Technical dryer is used to change the structure of the material with the help of hot air. The desired temperature is adjusted by adjusting the distance from the dryer to the working surface. The greater the distance, the lower the heating temperature.
So, by increasing the distance between the hair dryer and the working surface up to 8 cm, it is possible to decrease the heating temperature by 2 times compared to the set one. But before you start working hair dryer, you need to check it on a test sample and find the best mode of operation.
Removal of old paint with the help of a building dryer.
With a building dryer, it is good to remove old paint. To clean wooden surfaces of considerable size from paint, you will need a wide nozzle. It is better to work with a thermogun in overalls, glasses and gloves are required. When processing painted planes, it is necessary to set the temperature to maximum and turn on the strongest airflow. The material is heated by small plots. When heated, the paint shrinks, swells and begins to peel off. It is removed with a scraper, without stopping to warm up the adjacent strip of the treated surface.
This method cleans from the old paint only smooth or slightly rounded surfaces.
More recently, the firing of wooden surfaces was done using a blowtorch. But the same work can be done with a technical hairdryer, and it will be safe and handy.
First you need to clean the plane with a brush, polish it, remove the dust with a vacuum cleaner and only then begin treatment with heated air. For this work, you need to use a wide nozzle. It guarantees uniform heating of the plane to be processed. The temperature for processing and the air flow is set to the maximum.
The surface is subjected to processing in small parts, changing the direction of the air stream. The space from the workpiece to the hairdryer should be no less than 1 cm, since defects may appear at a closer distance. The dryer should be away from the surface to be treated in order to obtain a uniform pattern. To achieve a good result, you will have to work longer with a thermogun.Back to table of contents
Bending and joining plastic pipes
The reflex nozzle allows a heated air flow to completely envelop the pipe.
To prevent the pipe from breaking when bent, it is filled with hot sand. The edges of the filled pipe cover sleeves or plugs.
For bending pipes on the dryer set the reflex nozzle. Its shape allows the heated air to envelop the pipe. The dryer is set to a low air flow, and the temperature is selected depending on the pipe material.
Heat gun connected and set on the table nozzle up. The tube is held above the nozzle, slowly turning and gradually warming up the place of bending. It is impossible to allow very rapid heating, it will destroy the structure of the material. When the pipe has become sufficiently plastic, it begins to bend carefully, without removing it from the nozzle.
Technical dryer can be used for welding plastic pipes. For this you need a nozzle - a reflector with a special coating that will not allow the plastic to stick to the nozzle when heated. The dryer is set to the minimum air flow, and the temperature is chosen depending on the material used. The heat gun is placed on the table and the reflector is heated to the required temperature. Then the ends of plastic pipes are pressed against it. After softening the plastic, the ends of the pipes are joined, pressed and held for about half a minute. This time is enough for the ends of the pipes to stick together and harden.
With the help of a technical dryer, it is possible to combine synthetic films. They are overlapped, lightly tensioned and welded. The width of the overlap is not less than 2.5 cm. The dryer is set at a temperature appropriate to the material, equipped with a slit nozzle and affect the overlap zone of the films. As soon as the films become soft, they are immediately rolled with a roller. To succeed, you need to weld a test seam and try to tear it. If the joint is not strong enough, it is necessary to raise the temperature slightly.